[Synology] Sonarr not processing downloads. Access denied

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4230
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.2.2 (Stable 4.2.2.30/996df3c Thu Mar 17 11:46:47 CET 2016)
((Debug logs)): http://pastebin.com/CR6zAifF
Description of issue:
After a file is downloaded is not being processed. I have already:

• Set read/write permissions to all groups (including SC-Dowload, SC-media) and all individual users
  • Tried with mono and mono beta (currently on beta).
  • Honestly other stuff I don’t even remember now.

I have seen several threads with the same problem, different platforms, it all comes down to permissions, but I got my permissions correctly, so any insight would be appreciated. I didn’t have this problem before DSM 6.

Thanks,

Paul

Did you check the permissions on the folder Sonarr is trying to write to (should be up further in the debug log, you only included a snippet)?

Yes, as I mentioned all users and groups have read/write permissions, both for the source and destination folder.

i once had a problem like this with my synology, reapplying the permissions fixed it for me.

I just tried that. I changed all users/groups permissions to “no access” and then back to “write/read” no change. Is still not working.

What user does Sonarr uses?

Well I managed to “fix” my problem. However the method sucked, there is something wrong between DSM6 and Sonarr permissions for sure.

I went ahead and edited the start-stop-status script, ran it as “root” and its working fine.

Let me add that I tried running it with the “admin” account, that well…has all rights…and it didn’t work either.

wtf?

I am having the same kind of issue, but only with new series that I add. The ones I imported (switched over from SB) all work fine.

Those show folders all have “admin” as the owner, and Sonarr has no trouble moving the post-processed file to the correct folder and deleting the leftovers.

But after adding a new series, Sonarr gets stuck when trying to move the completed file to the proper show folder. The folder is owned by “nzbget”.

When I go into the Synology UI and access the folder permissions, it looks like all permissions are set correctly. But if I click on “Permissions Inspector” and assign “Users” group to the folder (this automatically selects all read/write check boxes), Sonarr can finally access to move the file and clean up the leftovers.

Does anyone know what I need to change in order to allow Sonarr to read/write folders created by user “nzbget”, or why this is only affecting the new series that I add?

Fixed. All I had to do was add the group “sc-media” to have read/write access to the top-level folder. Doh.

(Still doesn’t explain why everything suddenly went sideways, must be related to an update along the way.)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.