Synology NAS share not allowing Sonarr access

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1265-ls113
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: 2021-07-21 20:27:38.4|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/downloads/complete/media.mkv. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder
Description of issue: Sonarr not importing new downloads from completed folder

Hi All,

I am currently running Sonarr in Docker on CentOS8 and all of my media is stored on a Synology NAS.

I can add new seriesā€™ to Sonarr and my download client (SABnzbd also on the Synology NAS) goes off and downloads it and moves it to the completed folder but Sonarr is then unable to access this folder to detect that its completed.
As far as I know all of my Synology privileges should be okay as I am allowing everything including guests full access.

As Sonarr is running in Docker, I am getting myself confused with what access I should be allowing to what system.

My system looks like this, these are my mounts in CentOS:

//192.168.1.201/Plex                5.5T   18G  5.4T   1% /mnt/data
//192.168.1.201/downloads/complete  5.5T   18G  5.4T   1% /mnt/downloads

And this is my Docker container which match with the above mounts:

sonarr:
    image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/sonarr
    container_name: sonarr
    environment:
      - PUID=0
      - PGID=0
      - TZ=Europe/London
    volumes:
      - /etc/sonarr:/config
      - /mnt/data:/data
        # - /mnt/TVShows:/TV
      - /mnt/downloads:/downloads
    ports:
      - 8989:8989
    restart: unless-stopped

If I browse to the completed folder through my Mac or CentOS I can see all of the files sitting there waiting.

Is there anyone that could suggest where I can start with this? Iā€™m not sure if its a Synology problem, Sonar or SABnzbd.
Thanks in advance!

At first sight I think youā€™ll need a remote path mapping to translate /volume1/ā€¦ to /downloads

Would that be at the OS level or in the Docker config?
Really getting myself confused.

/volume1/ā€¦ is the Synology location. I cannot actually connect to that from anywhere but the NAS. I have to use //192.168.1.200/ā€¦ connecting to it from anything else.

Neither :wink:
Itā€™s a setting in sonarrā€™s settings.

Your download client reports /volume1/some/path for sonarr to pick up the files. Obviously this path doesnā€™t exist in your sonarr container, so sonarr tells you the path doesnā€™t exist or canā€™t be accessed.

Remote path mapping would ā€œtranslateā€ the non-existing path (from sonarrā€™s point of view) into a path that exists inside the container, e.g. /data/some/pathā€¦

(You may also want to look into changing your paths so you only have a single mount both in your host as well as (and especially) inside the docker container. Right now sonarr will always perform a slow copy from one mount to the other, while you could have an instant move of completed files.)

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I flattened out my Synology folders a bit and made the Plex and Downloads share under ā€˜dataā€™.
I then mounted just one mount at OS level for this and my Docker config now only has data and config paths specified. Seems to have done the trick!

Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.