Synology Download Station: not completing imports [Solved]

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.0.261
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.14.0.177
Description of issue:

Releases are grabbed (torrents) by Sonarr, and added to Download Station. The status of the download is updated with the progress bar, but once the release gets to 100%, it just sits there any never completes/imports.

If I go into ‘Manual import’, all the shows are automatically found and imported, so it just looks like something in the DS API check isn’t detecting that the torrents are completed.

Extra Info: I have a background job on my Synology which detects completed torrents every 15 minutes, and removes them from DS once they’re complete. It’s possible that Sonarr is getting confused because the torrent is at 100.0%, but no longer exists in DS. However, this worked in Sonarr v2 without issue. Does Sonarr v3 need logic to complete/import releases if the torrent is at 100% or if it’s no longer found in DS? Or perhaps Sonarr v2 just checked for completed torrents more quickly/regularly, so imported before my job cleaned them up?

I’ll turn off the cleanup job for a couple of days and see if that resolves it. Note that the cleanup job is there because I don’t want to leave torrents seeding after they’re complete (except for specific trackers). Perhaps Sonarr v3 could be extended to delete/remove the completed torrent after import, for certain indexers? :slight_smile:

Yes. Sonarr needs to see the completed download in DS to know where to import from, this hasn’t changed in v3.

There are seeding limits in Sonarr, but they aren’t applied to DS at this time, but Sonarr will respect Finished (that’s the status from DS best I can tell) downloads and remove them if Remove Completed Downloads is enabled.

It’s weird, my setup is identical to Sonarr v2, and I’ve never had this problem. Perhaps v3 doesn’t check for completed jobs as often or something.

Anyway, I’ll modify my cleanup script to only remove torrents once they’ve been complete for a couple of hours, and that should give Sonarr time to import them. :slight_smile:

The interval is the exact same. You’d need to look at the Debug logs/Activity to see why it didn’t import them., if they’re not in Activity: Queue that’d be why, that’s a running list of what can be imported once complete.

Okay, so I think I solved this. Turned out this was a change between the Synology Sonarr package and using Docker. With docker, you have to create a path mapping from \downloads\ to /volume1/video/Downloads (or whatever your container path is mapped to) so that the importer within docker can see the files and import them. So it had nothing to do with my cleanup script. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.