Synology Docker import failed path does not exist or is not accessible by sonarr

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5322
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.18.0.240-12
Debug logs:
19-4-23 11:17:02.8|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/homes/admin/Download Station/Downloads/Game.of.Thrones.S08E02.PRERELEASE.WEB.x264-TELLY[eztv].mkv
19-4-23 11:17:03.6|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/homes/admin/Download Station/Downloads/Veep.S07E04.WEB.H264-MEMENTO[eztv].mkv
19-4-23 11:17:03.6|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/homes/admin/Download Station/Downloads/Madam.Secretary.S05E20.HDTV.x264-LucidTV[eztv].mkv
19-4-23 11:18:32.8|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/homes/admin/Download Station/Downloads/Billions.S04E06.WEB.H264-MEMENTO[eztv].mkv

Description of issue: I am able to have all of my shows found and downloaded. However none of the downloads are then post processed I.e. Renamed and moved to the appropriate folder for Plex.

This used to work before I moved Sonarr into Docker on the Synology.

I am a complete NOOB so please bear with me on this.

Couple of things:

1. Make sure your user and group ids and directory/file permissions are correct. You should either have the same uid and rw permissions for the user, or have rw permissions for the group, and have the correct gid. check the parameters and users / groups identifiers section of the below link:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/sonarr/

1. Make sure either:
    a. your download client and sonarr see the same path to the completed downloads, or
    b. you set up remote path mapping so that sonarr knows that when the download clients says /the/path/it/sees sonarr understands it means /the/path/sonnar/needs

Good luck :sunglasses:

Hi beardman

Thank you for the detail. I have looked at the URL and must say am feeling a touch out of my depth. When I look at my environment variables I can see that the following:

PUID: 1024
PGID: 101

Are you suggesting that I change these to:

PUID = 1000
PGID = 1000

As for the paths I can see the following in Docker:

File/Folder = /homes/admin/Download Station/Downloads/
Mount Path = /downloads

Within the Synology NAS the path is: /volume1/homes/admin/Download Station/Downloads/

Additionally in Sonarr I already have port mapping as follows:

Host = localhost
Remote Path = /volume1/homes/admin/Download Station/Downloads/
Local Path = /downloads/

Really appreciate you assistance!

As an update have updated the PUID & GUID to 1000 and still failing

the remote path should take care of the mapping so its most likely the PUID or PGID could be wrong

SSH into your NAS and login as the user you want your sonarr container running as from the NAS’s point of view, then type in id, and the uid and gid values should be what you use

you can also just login as admin and type in id username to get the required values for that user

Hi rhom

Thank you! I have connected via SSH and the admin account has the following details:

UID = 1024
GID = 100

I have updated the docker container environment with these. Sadly it is still throwing the same errors.

How do I check what user the sonar container actually runs as??? Would it be running as root?

[Error] DownloadedEpisodesImportService: Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/homes/admin/Download Station/Downloads/The.Flash.2014.S05E19.HDTV.x264-LucidTV[eztv].mkv

Thanks.

together with

looks like something is not correct with your remote path mapping.

So your download client is reporting /volume1/homes/admin/Download Station/Downloads but sonarr is not using the remote path mapping you created, otherwise it would read /downloads.

Can you doublecheck the Host field in the remote path mapping? This should be a perfect match for the Host field in the download client you configured. (all of this in sonarr)

Hi Thirrian

Thank you. I am looking at the settings in the download client tab: ‘URL’:8989/settings/downloadclient

Is there another settings tab I need to review?

open the Download Client settings in Sonarr for this download client

is the Host value in there set to localhost? or is it something else?

I think what you have in that Host value should be what you put in the Host field for the Remote Path so they match

Ah! rhom thank you!!! That has now removed the error and we have made progress.

I now am not getting errors but the downloaded files are not being moved into the relevant series folder despite media management being set. Any suggestions?

Just to be sure, you are seeing downloads on sonarr’s Activity > Queue tab at the moment?

Hi Thirrian

Yes I can see episodes in the queue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.