Support for AnimeBytes RSS

Hello,

given the poor support for AnimeBytes via Jackett, and that they recently (again) blocked Jackett altogether, i was trying to use the RSS feed provided by AnimeBytes to use in Sonarr.

However, adding the feed fails saying: Feed doesn’t contain the release content size.

Checking the feed, each <item> contains a field <ab:size>195.33 MiB<ab:size> for example.

I also saw that there are multiple RSS formats here

I checked the code quickly but couldn’t find where in Sonarr one can define mappings for a specific RSS feed.

How much of a hassle would it be to implement the mapping for AnimeBytes exactly ?

Thanks

With TorrentRSS you can disable the size check, though that means Sonarr won’t ever know what size the release is.

Support for indexers is added if there are multiple using the same format (we’ve added eztv RSS support and another common one), or if they have an API we can look into adding it, but since they were in Jackett that is usually a good sign and API doesn’t exist. If they were willing to add a Torznab API that’d work as well, but that’s effort on their side.

Thanks markus101 for the details, i understand your point of view.

What is the impact exactly when disabling the size ? If the release name contains the quality like 720p / 1080p, Sonarr should still be able to pickup the correct quality, right ?

Also, is the torrent delay respected using TorrentRSS ?

It’s be quality restrictions (Settings: Quality) that won’t be able to be applied.

Yeah it is, it’s respected for any RSS feed, so long as it reports actual release time (we’ve had cases where it’s wrong, by up to a year).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.