Status of pilot episode of series

I’m wondering why Sonarr doesn’t know, until now, that the pilot episode of the series “SuperGirl” is already out? It’s been two days since that was out and the release is all over the newsgroups.

Might be something to do with the way its named “Supergirl S00E00 Pilot”

If you look at dogs indexing of it

Yet the shows page shows no results

Naming, because a pilot is usually, S01E01 and the fact that even if it was S01E01 the episode info wasn’t in Sonarr 2 days ago, just the shell of the series.

If its there now it makes no difference because it wasn’t there when it was on RSS.

I’m actually a bit distraught that ppl expect a pilot that leaked like 6 months early to be handled automatically. :confused:

And is it actually the pilot or the unaired pilot (special)?

Oh ok. So this pilot episode is a leaked one? Sorry, I didn’t know.

Also, where does Sonarr get all series/episode infos? Does it have its own database that the admins are maintaining or does it just query other websites?

I saw lots of problems with this one

I had added it to Sonarr a while ago, and was using a tvdb id that was no longer correct, (suspected it was wrong because no fanart etc in sonarr, and no episodes at all) id guess it was deleted from tvdb and recreated at some point, so i had to delete and readd in sonarr

some releases were supergirl.2015 or supergirl-pilot which is also different to the tvdb name of just supergirl

some of the indexers i checked the other day didn’t have a tvrage set for either

so very messy and not sonarr’s fault at all.

Ok but a bump on my pending quetions above?

Sonarr uses TheTVDB.

Can this be one reason for the Supergirl issue?

Reason for what?

I’ve listed the reasons already why this episode would not have been grabbed, the data wasn’t on TheTVDB so it wasn’t in Sonarr.

I was asking if the post regarding TVDB you posted above is the reason for the Supergirl issue because I’m not sure if I exactly get your point regarding the Issue Trakt being down?

Also, what’s up with the series Mr. Robot? When I added it, I get these:

nothing is up with Mr Robot in terms of Sonarr, thats what the episodes are called at tvdb,

the first episode naming looks correct, not sure about the rest.

But why does it say in Sonarr’s interface that I have “0/1” episodes. Shouldn’t it be 0/10?

Because (as per thetvdb, I don’t know the show so I have no clue if that data is actually correct or not) only 1 episode is aired. So you’re having 0 out of 1 episodes that could potentially be downloaded.

Ok. And it isn’t being downloaded because my indexer (nzbgeek) doesn’t have it?

I don’t have that indexer so I have no idea. Try a manual search for the episode in sonarr and look at the results. If you have no results it’s fairly obvious your indexer doesn’t have it :smile:

If you do have results, this summarizes what may be going on much better than what I was going to write:

nzbgeek does have it, so you probably added the show AFTER it had already appeared on geek.its not going to search for it automatically when you add it unless you click the add/search button when you add the show (not sure if that feature is just on develop)

A manual search did find the episode. It’s just weird that it missed the episode if what I did was to search for “missing” episodes upon addition of the series. Effectively, it should do a manual search of all missing episodes. I guess logs will show that but I’ll let this pass for now.