Start as a service issue (but fixed)

Sonarr version 3.0.0.232:
Win 10 Pro 1803:
** Other info: All local drives, nothing mapped/no UNCs. All services run locally (plex, sonarr, radarr, lidarr, deluge, sabnzbd, tautulli, plex requests)

Just thought I’d drop a note regarding one issue I found and fixed.
When upgrading to v3, I choose Install as a service. Everything seemed OK but then started getting “Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr”

Turns out it set the service to “This account” and “Local Service” for the account to run the actual Service. I changed it to “Local System account” and now it works great.
A picture is worth a thousand words: https://imgur.com/a/7LEeiwP
I’m not sure if there was something in my previous setup that caused this or if I had something unique in my setup. Figured I’d share to help anyone else who might run into this issue

LocalSystem is more privileged than an Administrator account which is why Sonarr does not run as that service by default.

Changing file system permissions on the folders to import from/to would have the same effect without the risk.

So I changed it back the the was it was and gave Local Service “Modify” access to Downloads folder (where everything gets put and pulled from). I’ll keep an eye in it to make sure it still works for processing.

I tried looking through my backup of v2 to see how it was setup previously. I couldn’t find anything, but found a broken NzbDrone entry in Startup Items. It looks like I had it set to start on user logon (which auto logons on boot). That would explain what happened I think.
Thanks for the info.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.