SSL Error on Port 443 Binding

Hi,

Have just installed Sonarr on my Win2012 R2 server and am having ssl issues. I have successfully got ssl working using port 9898 but when I change the config to use port 443 I get an an error saying that port 8989 is already in use (http binding).

LogFile

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Try running Sonarr as an admin, as 443 is a reserved port is requires extra permissions to register on the port.

The error is a bit misleading as its failing to bind to a specific port, but Sonarr doesn’t know which one and it logged the HTTP port.

Hi,

Have tried running as Admin and the same result. I initially installed it as a service but whilst troubleshooting have disabled the service opting to run it manually as Admin from the desktop. The machine has multiple IP addresses (for various web apps), could the problem be that sonarr is trying to bind to 0.0.0.0 as opposed to the explicit ip that I have put in the bind address field?

Thanks

Have you tried clearing out the bind address field? Its possible that causes issues with SSL.

Tried that, same error. Didn’t think that would work as I have couch potato and sabnzbd operating on port 443 using different IP addresses on the same box.

Ahh, that may be the cause. The bindings with Sonarr work differently than CP/SAB so this scenario might not work for you.

Interesting. Guess I will use a different port. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.