SSHFS mounts not showing <Solved>

First I’m one of the recently converted from SickBeard and looking for help. I realize mine is probably an odd setup so I’ll try to simplify it as much as possible.

I have 2 servers, 1 is my media server where all my shows end up on and that I play (through plex) on. The other is my downloader that hosts Sickbeard (soon replaced by Sonarr I hope) and SabNZBD+. Bother servers are running Linux

Downloader is located in another country from Media for reasons. In fstab it mounts (using SSHFS) the TV directory on Media to /home/CyberCowboy/remotesvr. What Sickbeard did was download the show then as part of it’s postprocessing move it to /home/CyberCowboy/remotesvr//<Season #>/Episode

On Downloader I also have my box.net account mounted to /home/CyberCowboy/Box using Webdav

When trying to import shows for the first time in Sonarr I can see /home/CyberCowboy/Box but can not see /home/CyberCowboy/remotesvr

Any idea how I fix this?

Where are you trying to enter this path? on the add series page?

Sonarr will use SAB’s API to figure out what to move and then move it to the series folder, which in your case is a remote drive, but that shouldn’t matter. The only reason I can think of why it wouldn’t work is permissions. Are you using the same account as you did for SB?

It’s not seeing it when I’m trying to import my existing shows (that were downloaded via SB)

Yes I’m on the same user account and SSHFS is being connected via same credentials, but I think I found the problem.

On Media my tv shows are in /mnt/samba/TV/
on Downloader ~/remotesvr actually points back at the /mnt on Media. samba’s permissions are 755 while the TV under it is 777. Sickbeard didn’t have a problem with this setup, but I suspect for some reason Sonarr does, as soon I changed samba to be 777 I could then add the shows. Sorry to bother.

I’m having a similar problem and am not having any luck solving it or finding other people with the same situation except for this post.

I am running Sonarr on a remote server and using SSHFS to make the TV Series folders on the file server at home available to Sonarr. Prior to mounting the filesystem, Sonarr will show me the mount directory using Import Existing Series On Disk… Once the mount point is made with SSHFS, Sonarr removes that directory from the list of available directories as if it never existed. As the folder has full read/write access by the same user that Sonarr is run under, I am at a loss as to why the Sonarr web GUI won’t allow me to view and select that folder.

The original poster mentions Samba permissions, but in my situation, I’m not using Samba. It’s a SSHFS connection to a remote server and a direct file path, not via Samba/CIFS. Is it still some sort of file permissions issue? My first attempt at making the remote files available involved using Samba/CIFS over OpenVPN. Sonarr had no trouble seeing the TV shows and such, but the connection wasn’t stable enough to be used - there were file i/o errors when files were imported back to the server, that happened even with rsync and cp, so I decided to try SSHFS instead.

…Donovan

The solution was to use “-o allow_other” on the SSHFS mount command (which, in my case, also required /etc/fuse.conf to be edited to enable this). The solution doesn’t make any sense, but hey, it works. :smiley:

…Donovan