Spate of import problems

Version

.net Version

Windows 10

The message

• Found matching series via grab history, but release was matched to series by ID. Automatic import is not possible.

is one I’d never seen in many years of using Sonaar until a couple of weeks ago. Now I’ve seen it many times. Only today I have six episodes of Funny Woman (2023) and, even more strangely, Night Court (2023) S01E05 requiring manual intervention despite the fact that previous episodes of the latter have presented no problems whatsoever. Clearly something is out of kilter that previously was not.

It’s because the release name doesn’t match the series name or a configured alias for the series. Your indexer is telling Sonarr it’s part of that series, but Sonarr only trusts it enough to grab it, not potentially cause issues because the indexer was wrong.

Yes, I understand that, but I’m trying to get a handle on why this is now so common having previously been unheard of. If it’s a new protocol then I have to say it’s an inefficient one. So far none of the twenty or so files affected have proven to be from the wrong series. It would certainly be a lot easier to weed out a mistake than having constantly to manually import whole seasons.

Maybe a new release group is causing issues, this isn’t a new change, just something you haven’t run into before. Sonarr only trusts the indexer so much. If it’s ongoing for the same series then request an alias (the FAQ has information on this).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.