SonarrErrorPipeline Invalid request Validation failed

After the latest March-4th update, there is an error in Sonarr about the Jackett indexer.

According to the ApiPath error and the wiki solution, I have to add each tracker in Jackett manually as an indexer in *Arr

SonarrErrorPipeline

Invalid request Validation failed:
– ApiPath: Jackett’s all endpoint is not supported, please add indexers individually

Would someone elaborate further on what exactly it means by adding them individually, because when I added all 19-indexers individually in Jackett in 2020 there has never been any issues from either Jackett or Sonarr until this recent update.

https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/faq#jacketts-all-endpoint

One or more of your indexers is using the all endpoint or is trying to be added?

I already read all that.
Did you read my entire post? Did you understand it?

I would appreciate it if one of the actual devs provided some clarity other than the rhetorical obvious.

It appears that my only options are to use Jackett as is with a permanent warning since “Arr” has removed support for the “All” or add the “torznab” from each of the 19 individual indexers in Jackett.

1 indexer in Jackett
1 indexer in *arr

Again the issue is caused by your api path matching the regex for the Jackett /all endpoint check

It appears that my only options are to use Jackett as is with a permanent warning since “Arr” has removed support for the “All” or add the “torznab” from each of the 19 individual indexers in Jackett.

That’s exactly what I said and exactly what the wiki says - what wasn’t clear?

You referenced and reiterated what the wiki says, which is what my original post already pointed out about it.

What is not clear is why those are now my only options after the most recent update since jackett has been working fine without any issues since 2020 and now I have to either live with a permanent warning or enter 19 indexers manually and individually.

I prefer to hear a more clear explanation from a dev instead of someone reiterating and pointing out the obvious of what I already stated and referenced from the wiki.

Because the jackett /all endpoint has no benefits, lots of downsides, and only ever caused support problems. Additionally, Jackett’s own devs say it should not be used.

The reasons are no different whatsoever than what is laid out in the docs.

@markus101 would you like to reiterate this for OP who seems the reasons on the FAQ are not a detailed enough explanation.

Thanks for a reiterating it, again…

Because the jackett /all endpoint has no benefits, lots of downsides, and only ever caused support problems. Additionally, Jackett’s own devs say it should not be used.

…and yet, they didn’t have any issues with it until now so they decided to remove support for Jackett/all in the March-4th release. Why did they wait all this time? Why not provide an option to disable/turn off the warning? This is not the only setting/configuration they decided after some years to push a warning through an update that cannot be disabled/turned off, and yet, here we are again.

Because development time is limited and the list of things to do is long.

The FAQ also indicated since ~May last year that support would likely be dropped.

Why not provide an option to disable/turn off the warning?

Why are you so insistent on using an endpoint that no one recommends using, has no benefits other than laziness, and has an extremely long list of downsides?

Because it has been working for me perfectly just as it is since 2020 with no issues to Jackett or Sonarr.

I insist simply because of “Personal Preference due to (convenience)”; don’t give/provide something to begin with just to turn around and decide it is bad because of a list of downsides, and yes, warning notifications should be dismiss-able by the user.

An extremely long list of downsides of which I have yet to experience a single one.

It is ok to issue the warning(s) but then let the users decide for themselves by allowing them to disable the warning(s).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.