Sonarr:series:episodes:0/xx we could use a field to show possible exist

with sonarr running and you click series you get a nice list.
Series Title – Network–Tags–Quality Profile–Language Profile–Next Airing–Seasons–Episodes

the problem is i add shows month and years ahead of them showing. some times the Episodes always stay at 0/xxx because of a filter like language of the show is not in my settings or the size is greater that allowed etc.

Would it be hard to add another field that was a 1 or 0 answer so when we update shows and it sees some possible that it sets the flag to 1.
like this–
Series Title – Network–Tags–Quality Profile–Language Profile–Next Airing–Seasons–Episodes–Possible

this would help a lot looking thru the long list of series for new ones that may download with a settings change.

Thanks a lot.

What do you mean possible?

I don’t follow what you’re looking do.

You want to exclude series whose episodes have not aired at all? Just filter by last air date?

What I would like to achieve is a button to search every series with 0/xx currently found, for its first episode and or last episode. then flag that series as possible to download.
the reason for the flag is the series might not meat the profile requirement and never download an episode. Example the profile is set for 720 but show is sent in 1k or the show is sent in Korean but your language on the shows is set to English. this will leave the series at 0/xx with a triangle on the episodes.

what i do now is sort series by the network then i click the search on each this forces nzb lookup for every episode on every series. and when it is done i have no way to know if a show that is still 0/xx might be downloadable without opening every series and trying a manual download.

if there are some series
THEN if the language match and quality profile match and there is a nzb it should have downloaded
THEN if the language or quality does not match and there is a nzb it will set the Triangle on the series and not download ( this is where i like to add the possible flag to the series)

If you could add a function to only parse the shows that have 0 current found episodes to see if they have the first episode possible and flag that series as possible it would save thousands of nzb searches for those that add lots of shows to their database or shows from future years that do not exist yet.

ok Here is what i do I add many new series every week for many languages. i set them to Not Monitored to prevent lots of searches on the nzb servers. Manually then i go to episode 1 of each show and check if it is there. If it is i change the show to monitored. A few things cause problems like language and file size(quality) and one more i forget. I was thinking if everyone added shows at not monitored and only checked one it would save the nzb lookup sites lots of traffic.

What you want doesn’t sound possible…and isn’t needed at all …?

Language is after quality and preferred words in the download ranking as noted on the FAQ. You can get around that by merging all qualities together and handling everything with preferred words

I was thinking if everyone added shows at not monitored and only checked one it would save the nzb lookup sites lots of traffic.

There’s no benefit to not searching on add and doing searches manually…? Unless you don’t want the series or are trying to get away without paying for Usenet and having limited queries in the free tier…which it’s not worth the effort to try.

Why are you searching future shows that don’t exist? That doesn’t make any sense…?

Sonarr generally never searches on its own. So you adding new series will not trigger a search unless you explicitly tell sonarr to search.

Id suggest reading the docs - especially the QuickStart guide and first few FAQ entries to understand how Sonarr works

THEN if the language or quality does not match and there is a nzb it will set the Triangle on the series and not download ( this is where i like to add the possible flag to the series)

There’s nothing to set for the triangle. Triangle means the episode is missing.

No flags on the series are needed, you can filter to series missing episodes

Manually then i go to episode 1 of each show and check if it is there. If it is i change the show to monitored.

And what if there are no individual uploads of S1E1 and there’s only a season pack? You’d never know.

Why are you doing a very odd and convoluted workflow rather than just using Sonarr?

Why unmonitor the series? Do you not want the series downloaded? If so, then why add it to Sonarr. All you’re doing is preventing Sonarr from ever grabbing anything from an RSS feed of new uploads to your indexer for that series.

if a series is complete i unmonitored it… i also unmonitored asian shows i added for years as it was grabing weird versions from china. now i have lots of series im slowly monitoring as better version show up. this is why i need a easy way to tell if a episode is downloadable reguardless of language.
After thinking about it when we add a new show if it could check if it is possible then set a flag like the monitor flag. then we can look and check if we want to allow it. like some shows are only in 4k and unless it is a super good show i will not download those. i do have filters for quality to prevent them also but i still need to know they might be downloadable.

for now i set up some filters to check which shows have no video in them and language is not english and the year is less than 10 years back and the show is a drama genre. then i manually go thru them.

oh i noticed what may be a bug when doing this

when you click search some times it takes a forever and it randomly gets a list of lots shows not related if it does not find 1. you might look at limiting the number of guesses it is making or make that a option.
when im doing 200 shows and it searches for 1 to 2 minutes a show im thinking this is not good on nzb indexers.

i run into this problem on lots of chinese shows that seem to search a long time and not find the show.on the nzb
other shows return in seconds.

Not a bug. Your tracker/indexer is returning garbage for a given search.

I run to indexers and yes its lot and lots of garbage… none have the show name i searched.
I may try disabling them 1 at a time and see which on is doing it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.