Sonarr wont rename existing files

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.49.49
Description of issue: So I just installed Sonarr and I have a small library of 10ish series already downloaded I want to add to Sonarr. I am currently using the torrent blackhole method, so I first tried adding the series to Sonarr, then adding the files to the black hole Watch folder. I got an error that I didn’t have the folder for the series, so I enabled that setting. But it still wouldn’t “take” the files and put them in the correct folder event tho Media Management is turned on.

I then tried putting the files right in the folder myself, and that sort of worked. Sonarr now recognizes the files and correctly tags the episodes as downloaded. But it is supposed to rename and relocate the files as well isn’t it? All the episodes were in separate subfolders before I transferred them over, and they still are. But the setting in Sonarr is to put all the mkv in the root “series X” folder isn’t it? Or how can I set it so it it will structure the files like that?

And why didn’t it work putting the files in the black holde watch folder initially?

Did you set the series folder to the blackhole folder (or a subfolder of it)?

Without logs showing what Sonarr saw and some concrete paths on where series should be stored/where the blackhole folder is, I don’t have any ideas what could have been wrong or what could still be wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.