Sonarr V3 installed but showing V2 UI


Mono version
Ubuntu 18.04

Version 3 is installed, but the UI is version 2.
I had v2 installed on Ubuntu 18.04, followed the instructions below…
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver --recv-keys 2A9B4BF8
sudo echo “deb wheezy main” | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sonarr.list

sudo apt update
sudo apt install sonarr

then edited sonarr.service to path to Sonarr.exe, previous path was to Nzbdrone.exe…

Description=Sonarr Daemon


ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono /opt/sonarr/Sonarr.exe


Then rebooted the computer.
sonarr service is running, everything starts up as expected, go to localhost:8989 and the UI is V2. Go to System/Updates and “ — Nov 30 2018 phantom” is installed. All the new features appear to work, it just isn’t loading the new interface.

Steady Memory Increase

The v2 UI is not included with v3 at all; I have no idea how you’ve managed to do this…

v3 ships with a systemd service file as well, I’d recommend purging whatever you had previously and installing it again with v2 removed completely.


It was pretty simple actually, but with unintended consequences!
I had V2 installed on Ubuntu 16.04, but when I moved to V3 on 16.04, Sonarr V3 seemed to aggregate memory usage and over several days or a week it would become quite substantial. I noticed the exact same characteristic when I tried Radarr with this same interface, as well as Lidarr, also with the same V3 interface. Maybe just a coincidence, but strange nonetheless. Currently, it is installed on a fresh install of 18.04 and seems to be working very well with the V2 Interface, and no memory usage in the last 24 hours, whereas V3 would increase about 5% to 7% per day.

EDIT: After powering down completely and rebooting, the UI is now V3.


This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.