Sonarr V3 installed but showing V2 UI

Version 3.0.0.334
Mono version 5.16.0.220
Ubuntu 18.04

Version 3 is installed, but the UI is version 2.
I had v2 installed on Ubuntu 18.04, followed the instructions below…
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 2A9B4BF8
sudo echo “deb https://dl.bintray.com/sonarr/phantom wheezy main” | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sonarr.list

then…
sudo apt update
sudo apt install sonarr

then edited sonarr.service to path to Sonarr.exe, previous path was to Nzbdrone.exe…

[Unit]
Description=Sonarr Daemon
After=network.target

[Service]
User=###
Group=users

Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mono /opt/sonarr/Sonarr.exe
TimeoutStopSec=20
KillMode=process
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Then rebooted the computer.
sonarr service is running, everything starts up as expected, go to localhost:8989 and the UI is V2. Go to System/Updates and “3.0.0.334 — Nov 30 2018 phantom” is installed. All the new features appear to work, it just isn’t loading the new interface.

The v2 UI is not included with v3 at all; I have no idea how you’ve managed to do this…

v3 ships with a systemd service file as well, I’d recommend purging whatever you had previously and installing it again with v2 removed completely.

It was pretty simple actually, but with unintended consequences!
I had V2 installed on Ubuntu 16.04, but when I moved to V3 on 16.04, Sonarr V3 seemed to aggregate memory usage and over several days or a week it would become quite substantial. I noticed the exact same characteristic when I tried Radarr with this same interface, as well as Lidarr, also with the same V3 interface. Maybe just a coincidence, but strange nonetheless. Currently, it is installed on a fresh install of 18.04 and seems to be working very well with the V2 Interface, and no memory usage in the last 24 hours, whereas V3 would increase about 5% to 7% per day.

EDIT: After powering down completely and rebooting, the UI is now V3.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.