Sonarr & utorrent not working (QNAP)

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): QSonarr_2.0.0.4753
Debug logs: QNAP : i don’t know how to access the path, files are hidden & Windows logs

Description of issue:

Hello,

I am completly new around here, and I’ve been trying to use Sonarr on my (new) Qnap NAS.
However, when I try to set up µTorrent, I have this error : Unknown exception: Unable to connect to uTorrent, please check your settings :

At first, I tried with “localhost” instead of “127.0.0.1”, but I switched to try since 127.0.0.1:9091/gui does work in my web browser :

I tried to get the Windows Sonarr, see if I could figure something out, but I can’t even launch it :

What should I do ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

Can’t tell you why uTorrent isn’t working without the logs (you can get them from the UI as well). Also make sure you’re using uTorrent 3+.

Your windows logs show Sonarr failing to start because another copy is already running, so it looks like you’re trying to run it twice.

1 Like

Hello and thanks a lot for your answer.
Regarding Windows, it’s probably because I was trying to use the Qnap one at the same time.
Regarding the logs, I read on your wiki that it’s supposed to be here:

/share/MD0_DATA/homes/admin/.config/NzbDrone
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/SONARR_CONFIG

Yet, I just don’t have this:

As you can see, my “home” folder is empty, and my “homes” folder only contains .ssh (which is empty aswell)

Last but not least, i have µTorrent 3.5

Hi again,

I found a way to get the log files (Directly from Sonarr - System - Logs)
Here you can find bot sonarr.txt and sonarr.debug.txt :
sonarr.txt
sonarr.debug.txt

Also, I found out that an update is avaliable, but I can’t download it for some reason.

Hope you’ll be able to help me

Thanks a lot

The update seems to be failing because it can’t find a folder, but the folder name isn’t logged, possibly Sonarr can’t find the temp folder because it’s not set, but I haven’t see this error before.

A for uTorrent I see:

NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Unable to connect to uTorrent, please check your settings ---> System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused

Which means nothing is listening on the port specified or a firewall blocked it usually.

Is uTorrent on the QNAP device? (I’m not even sure that’s possible), if not you’ll need to IP of the host running it, instead of localhost/127.0.0.1

Hello,

Thanks again for your answers. I have been trying a few things, and it seems like the uTorrent issue is Chrome-related : I managed to link my uTorrent on Sonarr thanks to Firefox. I don’t know what’s blocking the localhost.
uTorrent isn’t on the QNAP, it’s on my computer.

Regarding the update, I have no clue what’s not working. I looked for the install files in order to reinstall Sonarr, but the new version is 2.0.0.4928 and the site I got my version from don’t have the new one : https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=109449

((Trace logs)) might show more information on that problem, but I’m not sure it will help. You could also check the path for the TMP environment variable (for the user running Sonarr) and make sure it’s a valid path.

Hello,

I’m sorry i’m a complete noob, IDK what you are talking about :smile:

I activated the trace logs, however they do not appear in my log files. Here are some new logs
sonarr.debug.txt
sonarr.txt

Trace logs should show up almost immediately, I still see a number of uTorrent errors in the logs, but I’m not sure if they are current.

This might have some more information on the temp folder for you.

Hello,

Thanks again for your answers. I tried the solution posted on the thread you linked (the one on QNAP forums; https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=87543&p=476566#p476566).
I managed to updates Sonar. I guess that’s a step forward.

However, I still can’t link it to my uTorrent. Here are fresh logs, Trace included :

Thanks

Alright. I couldn’t find a way to solve this issue, so I downloaded another client (Deluge).
Now I can get Sonarr to work, yet it just downloads from the web interface (on my computer) but doesn’t add the file to my NAS.
As far as I understood, I need to do a Remote Path Mapping, but I don’t understand how.
Could anyone help me with this ?

Thanks

What does Sonarr show in Activity: Queue (hover over the icon on the left)?
Are Deluge and Sonarr on the same machine or not?

Hello,

This is the message i get:

Sonarr and Deluge aren’t on the same machine : Deluge is on my computer (set to put finished downloaded torrent in the J:\Téléchargements\Torrent\Terminés\ folder, but Sonar is on my QNAP

Then you need to add a remote path mapping to Sonarr so it can map the remote path Deluge reports to a local path it can access (which means you need to have the remote path mounted to a local path somewhere).

Take a look at the help tooltips for remote path mapping, but if you have any specific questions let me know.

Hello,

Thanks for yout answer. I actually tried before posting, but I don’t know how to specify the “local path” field since Sonar doesn’t display my computer but only QNAP folders:

When I try to browse :

The local folder is a QNAP folder, it needs to be something QNAP can access, if J:\ on your computer is on the QNAP, it’s easy, just pick the local path, if not you’d need to mount it to a local folder on the QNAP.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.