Sonarr "Torrent Download client isn't configured yet" error messge

I’m running Sonarr on my PC, trying to use Download Station on my Synology for my Download Client then store the complete downloads on a drive on my PC.

My activity que show several episodes in que but none are downloading:

In the System/Logs, I’m getting the Sonarr error message:

Request Failed. POST /api/queue/grab: Torrent Download client isn’t configured yet

There are my settings for Download Clients

There are my setting for my Remote Path Mappings:

The Download Client Test says “Testing ‘Download Station’ succeeded”. So I’m guessing the problem is perhaps in my Remote Path Mappings?

Any help is appreciated. I’m at an impass.

1 Like

You have torrents in your queue and configured the usenet download station… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t understand your response Thirrian. What settings do I need to change to make the que start downloading?

There are two sections when adding a new download client in sonarr. One is for usenet, one is for torrents. Delete the one you have now, since it is for usenet. The name even says so.
Add a torrent client.
DownloadStation can do both, but you picked the usenet one.

1 Like

ah yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Can’t believe the fix was that easy after that much frustration.

One last question please. I see it’s only downloading one episode at a time. Wheras Sonarr on my Synology would send multiple episodes to Download Station for simultaneous download. Where can I change the setting on Sonarr on my PC to send multiple torrents to DS simultaneously?

I have Download Station set to allow 10 simultaneous downloads so I assume the fact it’s only doing one because that’s all Sonarr is sending over at a time but I can’t find a setting in Sonarr to change that…

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Looks like it’s working as expected?
Sonarr grabbed a season pack and sent it to your download station.
Single torrent containing multiple files, so only one entry in DS.
Sonarr will track all individual episodes that are downloading in its queue, regardless of wether they belong to a season pack or individual episode download.

Thanks! I see what you mean about grabbing the season pack.

You’re way more knowledgeable than me on this stuff. Can I please ask one last question?

I now have a working solution with Sonarr running on my PC, using Download Station on the Synology, and saving the complete files back to a drive on the PC. This will do. But what I would prefer is to have Sonarr running on the Syno, sending completed files to the PC drive (to have one less process running on the PC’s CPU).

I know how to map a network drive on the PC to send files from PC to Syno. For example, in the screen shot from Sonarr on PC, A: B: and C: are local drives while W: X: Y: and Z: are network drives on the Syno…

I don’t know how to go the other way (i.e. map PC drives from the Syno). So, for example, in this screen shot from Sonarr on Syno, you can see the same folders, TimeMachine Backup, Movies, and TV Shows that are accessible from the PC via W: X: and Y: networked drives. But if I hit the up arrow, the Syno can’t “see” and PC drives for Sonarr on Syno to select them as save destination.

Is it possible to “flip” my setup where Sonarr on Syno pushes content to the PC drive rather than Sonarr on PC pulling the content from the Syno drive?

Thirrian or anyone else following the thread. I made some progress in that Sonarr on the PC was able to pass the download instructions to Download Station on the Synology and it downloaded succesfully.

However, Sonarr didn’t execute to final step of transferring the completed download back to the PC harddrive.

I’ll explain my setup and share some screen shots. Maybe you can help me spot the missing setting/configuration that I’m missing.

DS on Syno has access to two folders \TIMNNAS\Torrents\Torrent Files\ (mapped from the PC as Z:) and \TIMNAS\Torrents\Completed (also mapped as Z:)

DS correctly completed the download and transferred the finished download to \TIMNNAS\Torrents\Torrent Files\ . Sonarr failed to take the file from there and move it to E:\BackupDisk\TV Shows on my PC as I expected.

Here’s the screenshots:

Can anyone please help me understand where the break occurred in the chain that the final files stayed on the Synology instead of making it to E:\BackupDrive\TV shows the say I instructed Sonarr?

Thanks a ton!
Tim

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.