Sonarr - Synology won't restart

Sonarr version (exact version): 20180303-03 (Synology Package Manager)
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.8.0.108-11
Debug logs:
Unfortunately I can’t start Sonarr to enable debugging however the output I have from Synlogy is quite verbose and hopefully enough.

Description of issue:
After using the Restart option in the GUI Sonarr won’t run anymore. Tried reboots and no go. I’m not that much of a Linux expert so I didn’t want to make a mess.

Logs say another copy is running but unable to access via browser, confirmed with telnet on port 8989

This is the first time i have used the restart button since an update came through in package manager for both Sonarr/Radarr.

The logs state as below

Fri Mar 16 06:58:17 NZDT 2018
Starting nzbdrone command env PATH=/usr/local/mono/bin:/volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/syno/sbin:/usr/syno/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin HOME=/volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/var LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/lib /usr/local/mono/bin/mono /volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/share/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe
[Info] Bootstrap: Starting Sonarr - /volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/share/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe - Version 2.0.0.5153
[Info] SingleInstancePolicy: 1 instance(s) of Sonarr are running
[Warn] SingleInstancePolicy: Another instance of Sonarr is already running.
[Info] Bootstrap: Application is being terminated. Reason : Another instance is already running

Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers
SachmoNZ

I have experiences this as well.
The problems started when I installed the radarr package parallel to sonarr.

I am now switching to using docker for both sonarr and radarr and hope that this will resolve this issue.

I managed to work around it for now by figuring out how to log into the NAS as root (login as admin then sudo -i)
from there i did a ps -ef | grep nzbdrone and then did a kill on the process ID

Now sonarr and radarr are running fine - but i dare not restart them.

I too need to bite the bullet and head the way of the docker as i have for NZBGET… it’s just all about time to do these things :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope this helps anyone in a jam, and if anyone has a permafix much appreciate them posting.

1 Like

I experienced this problem after trying to update Sonarr. I restarted DiskStation and even that wouldn’t get Sonarr started. Killing the running process worked perfectly and now it’s up and running again. Thank you, @SachmoNZ!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.