Sonarr reporting around 20 times as many downloads in progress as Sabnzbd

Sonarr version: 4.0.19.3009
OS: : Docker container managed by TrueNAS applications.
Debug logs: sonarr.debug.txt · GitHub
Description of issue: Sabnzbd, my only download client, shows 5 downloads in queue, but the Sonarr activity page shows about 60 episode downloads that have started ( have a blue progress bar ).

I’m trying to figure out why there is such a disparity between what the 2 apps are reporting. I about had a heart attack when I saw 60 downloads in progress out of a total of about 172 at that moment.

It looks like there was a communication error of some kind. I want to the Sabnzb completed downloads folder and found a 40 or so empty folders named after the episodes.

I deleted those folders . Then I removed the downloads from the Sonarr activity screen and restarted the Sonarr container. Then mystery downloads did not re-appear, and I was able to download episodes without issue after that.

That was a strange event that I won’t be able to duplicate, so consider this issue Solved!.