Sonarr only pulling through some Jackett results

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.2.3
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/Tht6eTVM
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here. Post in .txt not .doc, .rtf or some other formatted document)
Description of issue: Sonarr doesn’t always seem to pull all results from Jackett for a private tracker. If I search for a particular keyword in Jackett (‘Taboo’), I get all the results that show up if I go to the tracker itself and search. However, in Sonarr, it’s missing some of the results (in this instance, the actual recent series that I want, ‘Taboo’). It pulls through some other results related to the keyword (an older Nat Geo series called Taboo and some other bits).

I don’t have any other issues of connectivity between Sonarr and Jackett, and I haven’t yet been able to reproduce the issue with any other keywords (though I haven’t had time to look extensively).

It’s very weird.

Do they show up if you search from Jackett?
They could be in a category not being searched, Jackett is filtering them or the indexer isn’t providing the results to Jackett.

They do show up in a Jackett search yep, and I’ve checked the category and they’re down as 5000 which is explicitly selected as a category to be searched for Sonarr. I can’t figure out why they wouldn’t filter through to Sonarr from Jackett.

Pasting settings/results here just for clarity:

Jackett search results (desired items that aren’t pulling through to Sonarr circled):

Sonarr returning only this:

Edit: is it because it thinks the Nat Geo series and the 2017 series are one and the same? I assume that’s a bug in Sonarr itself rather than on my side if so

I was too fast. Ignore please. Let me look again.

That’s the add series search, that has nothing to do with Jackett search results… You’re looking for Taboo (2017), why it doesn’t show up in the search is a problem with TVDB’s show search via the API.

Okay…so if I want to use Sonarr to monitor and download new episodes of Taboo for me via Jackett’s integration to morethantv, what should I use if not the add series search?

You need to add the series to Sonarr, then make sure RSS is enabled on the indexer, the episodes you want are monitored in Sonarr and wait for them to become available. Search for missing episodes if you want.

Thanks - forgive me if I’m massively missing something here, but how do I ‘add the series to Sonarr’ while I’m getting the issue I’m talking about?

Use the full title or add it by TVDB ID.

Aaah, I see, it’s being pulled through as literally titled ‘Taboo (2017)’, rather than Taboo and 2017 being separate title/year tags. That’s sorted it. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.