Sonarr on Ubuntu only working correctly after restarting service

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4645
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.8.0
((Debug logs)): https://pastebin.com/xVdZg2GA
Description of issue: Sonarr doesn’t pickup sabnzbd downloads nor display download activity unless service is manually restarted

Sonarr setup:

• One Usenet indexer
  • Sabnzbd for downloads running on the same machine

Sonarr is setup for for autostarting using the systemd script at https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Autostart-on-Linux

When server initially boots, the Sonarr web interface is working. nzbs are collected and sent to sabnzbd but completed downloads are never picked up by Sonarr. Also, downloads never appear in the Sonarr Activity tab, although the nzb has been sent to Sabnzbd.

The path where downloads are stored is a CIFS share automounted at boot time. The Sonarr user account has full access to this path.

If I restart the Sonarr service manually (systemctl restart Sonarr.service), everything works great until the next reboot.

What could be the issue?

Is the Check for Finished Downloads task running every minute? It should by default unless it’s crashing for some reason, but I’d expect it to crash regardless of how it’s started. I don’t see that task executing in the logs though it looks like a few minutes are covered.

This is also a bit weird:

17-3-29 17:25:13.4|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/episode?seriesId=1: 200.OK (37 ms)
17-3-29 15:25:21.5|Trace|Http|Req: 64 [GET] /api/series?sort_by=sortTitle&order=asc

The time seems to change 2 hours, which if the task ran under the old time then it changed it wouldn’t run until 2 hours later.

You’re absolutely right! If I reboot and leave it for two hours, everything works.

Not sure why the system time changes during boot, probably related to time zones somehow? The latter time is the correct (local) one.

If you’re two hours behind UTC and the system defaults to UTC and it’s changed later, that would do it.

We’ve seen something similar on Raspberry Pi’s (though the time there can be way off):

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.