Sonarr on Synology configuration

Sonarr version 2.0.0.4472
Mono version 4.6.2.7-8

I’m totally new to Sonar. Just installed it via Synocommunity along with Mono and I am able to run it. I get 2 warnings and 1 error. The error is ‘No indexers are enabled’. The warnings are: ‘No download client available’ and ‘New update available’.

I’ve tried googeling the configuration for my Synology DS414j but with little luck. I’ve found a hint on this Forum about the ‘Synology Indexer’ in the Settings => Connect menu and added that but the error remains. I’ve configured the Factory Path to be ‘Volume1/Video/TV’ but nothing happens, no activity at all. I’ve been struggling all afternoon with zero result so far.

Question:
Is there documentation somewhere about how to configure Sonarr to work with Synology Download Station and how to configure the Indexer?

B.t.w: There are 2 entries in the Indexer add form that no longer exist: ‘Wombles’ and ‘Fanzub’.

Regards
Paul

Just upgraded to 2.0.0.5085. I added the ‘Download Station’ with success. The ‘Synology indexer’ is still added via the Connect menu.

I now have different errors and warnings. Error: ‘No indexer available with RSS sync enabled, Sonarr will not grab new releases automatically’. Warnings: ‘No download client is available’ and ‘No indexers available with Search enabled, Sonarr will not provide any search results’

I’m starting to get the hang of it. How does ‘inviting’ work? Who can invite me to http://hd4free.xyz?

Is anyone reading this?

You’re going to need to add at least one indexer, either by being part of one already or using a free one (possibly via Jackett).

You’d need to find someone willing to invite you, but this is not the place to request invites.

Yes, but probably a lot less than normal given it’s the holidays and people are busy.

Hi Markus,

Thanks for taking the time to answer some of my questions.

Well I’m seeing search results now. I installed Jacket on my Synology and was able to configure it in Sonarr. I now have 2 indexers (api.nzbplanet.net and Jacket). I can manually start downloads from the series but Sonarr does not grab them automatically. I see 2 kinds of results, torrents and nzb. Torrents are forwarded to Download Station but only when I initiate the download. With Nzb Sonarr tells me: ‘The Usenet Download Client isn’t configured yet’. Don’t know what to do with that message. My guess is that nzb is not forwarded to Download Station but needs a different client of some sort. To sum up my status:

• I do see search results from both indexers
  • Episodes are not downloaded automatically
  • Torrents are forwarded to Download Station when I manually start the download
  • Nzb is reporting that the Usenet Client is not yet configured

Regards
Paul

Ah, There’s also a Download Station Usenet client available. Installed that too and now can manually download nzb too. The only thing left seems to be the fact that this does not happen automagically :slight_smile:

I see a lot of broken links in the history. The ones that don’t have a broken link report they have been grabbed and set to download client. In Download Station there’s no active download however.

Ok, spoke too soon. Suddenly it came to life :smile: Looks like everything starts to work for me. Several downloads started in Download Station. Not all mind you, still see a lot of broken links.

I’m still not 100% up. All Episodes are downloaded to a private directory ‘volume1/Homes/Paul/Internet Download/Synology’ but I can’t remember telling Download Station nor Sonarr to store them there. I don see any default destination pointing to that directory anywhere. Which of the application determines the destination?

Of all downloads only 1 series could be grabbed. All others report broken links and are not downloaded. Does this mean that there is an indexer returning bad links?

How/When Sonarr will automatically grab releases is covered in the ((FAQ)).

Unless you specified the path in Sonarr (Directory setting when configuring the Download Station Download Client) Download Station decided where to put it.

I don’t know what you mean by broken links, is this in Sonarr or Download Station? It could be an indexer issue, but without logs/more information I’m not sure.

Hi Paul, just an FYI sonarr works the same whether running on Synology, Mac, windows etc. sonarr manages the process of automatically grabbing tv shows however how well it does this is dependent on the sources you use with it (indexers for torrent files or NZB files for Usenet, which also requires a Usenet subscription). As sonarr works the same conceptually regardless of the OS you run it on, it’s worth reading the wiki on github of best practices so you get an understanding of it before getting into private indexers etc. Reddit can also be a good resource for both information on how to utilize it as well as invites for indexers etc. best of luck

I Have already read that one and determined that non of the reasons mentioned apply to my situation.

Paul:
Which of the application determines the destination?

Unless you specified the path in Sonarr (Directory setting when configuring the Download Station Download Client) Download Station decided where to put it.

I’ve tried setting the path there but it had no influence. The path Episodes are put in now is where I usually put all my downloads from the internet as an Archive. But I don’t remember specifying that anywhere.

Paul:
All others report broken links and are not downloaded. Does this mean that there is an indexer returning bad links?

I don’t know what you mean by broken links, is this in Sonarr or Download Station? It could be an indexer issue, but without logs/more information I’m not sure.

This is what I see in the History of Sonarr.

How does it not apply? Unless they are newly posted on the RSS feed Sonarr won’t grab them automatically.

Something with Download Station then.Download Station is attempting to download them after accepting the torrent/magnet from Sonarr and failing. Similar issue: https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=104051

Text from the FAQ:
How does Sonarr find episodes?
Sonarr automation doesn’t search for episodes: It parses the indexer’s feed of recently posted content for episodes it knows are wanted. The feed typically includes the 100 most recently posted episodes and by default Sonarr will download it every 15 minutes. Because of this, Sonarr is designed to be installed on a system that is running most of the time. However, for indexers supporting ‘pages’, Sonarr will fetch older pages in the feed in an attempt to cover the gap when it has been offline for a few hours.

Active searching (via the indexer’s API) is only done in a few situations:

1. Clicking the Automatic or Manual Search buttons on a specific episode, season, or series.
  2. Adding a show using the Add and Search button.
  3. Using Wanted -> Missing or Wanted -> Cutoff Unmet to do multiple searches.

Sonarr is searching allright. There are 13 pages of ‘Missing’ and none ‘Unmet’… I also see 4 pages of 'Blacklisted’

Why didn’t Sonarr grab an episode I was expecting?

1. First, make sure you read and understand the section above called “How does Sonarr find episodes?” Second, make sure at least one of your indexers has the episode you were expecting to be grabbed. See comment above

2. Click the ‘Manual Search’ icon next to the episode listing in Sonarr. Are there any results? If no, then either Sonarr is having trouble communicating with your indexers, or your indexers do not have the episode, or the episode is improperly named/categorized on the indexer. Manual search gives me plenty results

3. If there are results from step 1, check next to them for red exclamation point icon. Hover over the icon to see why that release is not a candidate for automatic downloads. If every result has the icon, then no automatic download will occur. Some of them have exclamations signs but a lot of them do not. Clicking the ‘download button’ results in a succesful download.

4. If there is at least one valid manual search result from step 2, then an automatic download should have happened. If it didn’t, the most likely reason is a temporary communication problem preventing an RSS Sync from your indexer. It is recommended to have several indexers set up for best results. I don’t see any temporary connection problems in the logging.

5. If there is no manual result from a show, but you can find it when you browse your indexer’s website - This is a common problem that is most frequently caused by having an insufficient number of indexers. Different indexers index different content, and not all shows on your indexer may be tagged properly, which would cause Sonarr’s search to fail. Having several indexers active is the best solution to this problem.

Here’s some logging. The errors are clear but I don’t know what the reason could be:

Task Error: database is locked
database is locked

Downloading nzb for episode ‘star.trek.discovery.s01e07.internal.1080p.web.x264-strife-Pre’ failed (https://api.nzbplanet.net/getnzb/7719f32e42e5b97eef3c248468a37aa3.nzb&i=352121&r=133a494049e465d072b84f7e93f4ab0a): Failed to read complete http response

Couldn’t refresh info for [80275][Starship Farragut]: The request timed out: ‘http://skyhook.sonarr.tv/v1/tvdb/shows/en/80275

These are the indexers configured in Jackett:

And here are my download clients.

What’s funny is when I go to Download Station and…

It opens up the ‘video/TV’ directory although the files are not there but in the directory mentioned earlier.

Edit:
Part of the files are in the ‘Internet Download/Synology’ directory and part of them are in ‘video’ on the Synology. But none of them are in ‘video/TV’. I’ve been struggling a while so it is possible that changes I made over time have caused the files to be put in different places of course. But the least I can say that it’s strange that none of them are in the ‘video/TV’ directory.

Ok, here’s one that does find results via indexers but can find it’s destination somehow.

Looks like a permission thing. Changing the destination directory to ‘video’ instead of ‘video/TV’ allows the download. I am the owner of the directory but it is possible Sonarr or Download Station has no permissions to read/write into it.

Ok, it starts to work. Cleared the ‘Blacklist’ and reactivated the search. There are now more than 30 in the ‘Activity’ list and in Download Station and growing.

Thanks for all the help people.

Please keep keep responses to one comment instead of multiple.

If it’s searching alright, then nothing is wrong. Sonarr won’t automatically search for missing or cutoff unmet episodes. RSS is only going to include the last 100 items released (or less depending on the indexer).

Post the whole log file (debug or trace) and link it here, partial excerpts don’t provide enough information.

Looks like this may contain your API key, so you’ll want to reset that. Based on the error the indexer either closed the connection or something between Sonarr and the indexer did.

Unrelated to the issues here, if you’re constantly seeing issues with this then it’s worth looking into, but otherwise could be a one off.

I can’t help you with the Download Station issues, which seem to be the source of your remaining issues

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.