Sonarr - NZBGet not sorting or renaming some content properly

Greetings,

Newbie here. I have recently configured a Linux Ubuntu server (14.04) to use for a media download server. I currently have NZBGet and Sonarr installed. TV shows that I have selected in Sonarr are downloading fine using NZBGet, however I’m having some issues with the sorting. Additionally, I am using NZBGeek as my NZB indexer, so often some of my TV show filenames will be a completely random name (for instance 18DwxkLQZ9kU77Ia.mkv). I am looking for some guidance on how I can get both NZBGet and Sonarr to properly organize my downloads. For instance, I should have something like:

TV – TV Show – Season 1 – TV show – S01E01.mkv, TV show – S01E02.mkv, etc…

I am getting that that structure some of the time. On the occasional download I will get:

TV – TV.SHOW.S05E02.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE-NZBGeek - 18DwxkLQZ9kU77Ia.mkv

Here is an overview of my configuration. On my Ubuntu server, I have the server part in one partition, and then the remainder as a storage partition. In my storage partition, I have the following folders:

Downloads - Complete
- Incomplete
- NZB_Folder
- Queue
- Temp

Downloads - Complete - TV
- Movies

In NZBget, I have the following paths configured:

MainDir /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads
DestDir /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete
InterDir /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Incomplete
NZBDir /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/NZB_Folder
QueueDir /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/queue
TempDir /usr/share/nzbget/webui

In Sonarr, I have my path set for my TV shows as /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/

I am interested if I my configurations in both Sonarr and NZBGet are correct. If so, what can I do to ensure that all series gets placed in its own folder as well as have a proper title for the filename and not some random generated name. Is there a some sort of plug-in or extra configuration to either Sonarr or NZBGet to perform the sorting? Also, let me know if this post should be in the NZBget forums.

I appreciate any feedback

Cheers,

Torbuck

Just to inform, I do have the Rename Episodes option enabled in Sonarr

Each series has its own folder in that folder then?

Where does nzbget put completed downloads? Looking at your other paths listed it seems it might be the same, in which case that needs to be fixed as you don’t want unsorted downloads and sorted ones in the same folder.

Sonarr will get completed downloads from nzbget and import them automatically, which will correct the naming, if thats not happening please pastebin some trace logs and we can take a look.

The completed folder for NZBget is /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete
In Sonarr, I have set the path for any series as /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/
The series get placed in the TV folder within the Complete folder

Should I update it so my completed folder for NZBget is /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete
And then create a new folder for Sonarr, such as /mnt/NUCStorage/Media/TV

Let me know if that is a better configuration

Cheers,

Torbuck

Here are some logs:

15-4-23 21:56:40.9|Error|ImportDecisionMaker|Couldn’t import file. /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Last.Week.Tonight.With.John.Oliver.S02E10.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV-NZBgeek

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File doesn’t exist: /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Last.Week.Tonight.With.John.Oliver.S02E10.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV-NZBgeek
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.GetFileSize (System.String path) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportDecisionMaker.GetDecision (System.String file, NzbDrone.Core.Tv.Series series, NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.ParsedEpisodeInfo folderInfo, Boolean sceneSource, Boolean shouldUseFolderName) [0x00000] in :0

15-4-23 21:56:41.0|Error|ImportDecisionMaker|Couldn’t import file. /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/The.Royals.S01E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION-NZBgeek

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File doesn’t exist: /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/The.Royals.S01E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION-NZBgeek
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.GetFileSize (System.String path) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportDecisionMaker.GetDecision (System.String file, NzbDrone.Core.Tv.Series series, NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.ParsedEpisodeInfo folderInfo, Boolean sceneSource, Boolean shouldUseFolderName) [0x00000] in :0

15-4-23 21:56:41.1|Error|ImportDecisionMaker|Couldn’t import file. /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Game.of.Thrones.S05E02.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE-NZBGeek[TaP]

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File doesn’t exist: /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Game.of.Thrones.S05E02.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE-NZBGeek[TaP]

15-4-23 21:57:42.4|Error|ImportDecisionMaker|Couldn’t import file. /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Game.of.Thrones.S05E02.PROPER.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File doesn’t exist: /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Game.of.Thrones.S05E02.PROPER.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV

15-4-23 21:57:42.5|Error|ImportDecisionMaker|Couldn’t import file. /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Veep.S04E02.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE-NZBgeek

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File doesn’t exist: /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Veep.S04E02.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE-NZBgeek

15-4-23 21:57:42.6|Error|ImportDecisionMaker|Couldn’t import file. /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Silicon.Valley.S02E02.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE-NZBgeek

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File doesn’t exist: /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Silicon.Valley.S02E02.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE-NZBgeek

15-4-23 21:57:42.6|Error|ImportDecisionMaker|Couldn’t import file. /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Last.Week.Tonight.With.John.Oliver.S02E10.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV-NZBgeek

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File doesn’t exist: /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Last.Week.Tonight.With.John.Oliver.S02E10.720p.HDTV.x264-BATV-NZBgeek

15-4-23 21:57:42.7|Error|ImportDecisionMaker|Couldn’t import file. /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/The.Royals.S01E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION-NZBgeek

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File doesn’t exist: /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/The.Royals.S01E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION-NZBgeek

15-4-23 21:57:42.7|Error|ImportDecisionMaker|Couldn’t import file. /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Game.of.Thrones.S05E02.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE-NZBGeek[TaP]

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File doesn’t exist: /mnt/NUCStorage/downloads/Complete/TV/Game.of.Thrones.S05E02.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE-NZBGeek[TaP]

Yeah, that would be better, keeps them separated which is always good.

Your logs show that Sonarr is unable to access those folders (ignore the fact that it says file, thats a bug), which likely indicates a permissions issue. Are Sonarr and nzbget running as the same user or at the very least part of the same group?

Sonarr needs read and write access to the files that nzbget downloads (at least the tv shows) so it can import the files by moving them to the destination.