Sonarr not importing torrents

I see the same thing (torrents not importing) with transmission. I’m assuming it’s because the filename isn’t the same as the torrent name on some downloads (?).

@Taloth in this thread, Transmission.

If Transmisison always returns a folder, how does Sonarr determine which file to import from that folder (or does it try everything in there)? The logs show it processing the torrent name followed by it processing the full path with the double slashes (which I agree is weird), but I was expecting something more like the usenet world.

@haygoodhtpc - can you see if your configured path ends in a trailing slash and remove it, that might be causing some issues.

I checked, no trailing /. Here’s a log.

http://pastebin.com/bWdDXEGt

I don’t think this torrent is like a zip archive or rar or anything.

I had this problem with both Deluge and now Transmission (it doesn’t seem to matter which one I use). I am 99% certain this is not an error with Sonarr, but rather my configuration of it. Could it be that I have Deluge/Transmission downloading to Hard Drive C, whereas my media folders are all on Hard Drives A and B? Or should I reconfigure my download directories? The weird thing is that the torrent/nzb setups are basically mirrors of each other. Transmission downloads to ~/Torrents, and nzbget downloads to ~/nzb/dest/, and then Sonarr grabs and imports them. However, it seems like the releases from HorribleSubs are giving it fits when it comes to torrents, which might just be something odd in their naming conventions? I dunno.

EDIT:

For giggles, I changed the DL client back to deluge and tried the same file. Here’s the results:

http://pastebin.com/geQAHETS

I’m no wizard at reading logs like you guys are, but it looks to me like the episode parser is parsing the /media/… part of the path as the file name itself, which is why it’s bugging out. Is this something I need to fix on my end, such as moving my download folders?

The develop version 2.0.0.2977 should fix it.

Tnx for your patience.

Patience? You guys are super swift, responsive, awesome, and totally transparent, which is why I gladly support this software, recommend it to all my friends, and will gladly sing its praises. It’s a really great thing you guys are doing.

I’ll take that as a ‘it works now’, right? :smiley:
I wrote some unit tests to test it, but didn’t check in a live environment.

It worked for me, on both Deluge and Transmission.

I was actually referring to you guy’s responsiveness on the forums and on reddit. I like that you are open and honest with your users and willing to take the time to support these little annoyances as much as you are bigger stuff.