Sonarr not importing torrents

Just what the title says. Sonarr will correctly snatch a torrent, send it to Deluge, and then it will just remain in the activity queue. Pressing “force import” does nothing. The torrent is being downloaded by deluge and I can manually copy it over, but it’s just weird that Sonarr isn’t doing it.

Here’s the trace logs: http://pastebin.com/xTv72XVC

What am I looking for in the logs?

Is completed download handling enabled?

I think “Shirobako” was the last torrent that downloaded it would not import.

Completed and failed download handling are both enabled. I’ve checked file permissions and ownership and all seems to be in order.

I’m sorry I’m not familiar enough with what logs should look like in order to determine what’s what in there.

Deluge is reporting the save path as: /media/ba09030e-705f-4a78-82fd-59eb2bc5b79f/Torrents/Torrents Sonarr is attempting to determine which series and episode that path belongs to and it fails because it doesn’t have the release name in it.

Sonarr expects either the path to include a properly named folder for the release (usually the same as the torrent name) or a full path to the file.

That is the deluge download path. I’ve always had it set that way. Should I set the download location to the same path as my completed downloads folder?

No, I’m saying either deluge needs to report the full path to the video file or a well named folder with the series title and episode number (same as the torrent name).

Not sure if that’s an option in deluge WOR not, but without it being done as described it won’t work with Sonarr.

That’s odd. It used to work.

No, Deluge can’t download to my TV show folder only, because I also have it set up to download movies from CouchPotato. I wonder if a different download client will work? Off to the experimentarium.

Edit: nope. Transmission suffered the same fate. Why is Sonarr able to get nzbget to correctly handle the downloaded file, but when importing from torrents it breaks down?

Because nzbget either reports a folder with the file in it or the full path to the file, which Sonarr can handle.

You say it used to work, same source for the torrents? Are you using a post processing script?

My nzbget conf downloads to a specific “nzb” directory, same as deluge does to “torrents.” Sonarr then copies it over to my /media/Anime/ or /media/TV/ directories, into the appropriate sub-directories. No post-processing scripts involved as Sonarr’s media management is far, far superior.

But for some reason, deluge isn’t working with torrents any more (it was as late as of a week or so ago). I only have two sources, kickass and nyaa.se, so I can’t imagine one of those would have changed.

Well going from the info I have the path reported by Deluge is the parent path to the completed torrent, perhaps due to how Deluge moves it to its new location to seed it?

Sounds like Deluge made a change behind the scenes for seeding, yes. Oh well. It just means I’ve got to do a bit of manual copying if for some reason it fetches a torrent instead of the nzb.

Which version of Deluge?

deluged --version gives me 1.3.11

An interesting confluence of events – apparently, it works with some torrents. But anime fansubs seem to give it fits.

Could you provide some file paths that work and others that don’t?

http://pastebin.com/SjTk0TQS

Here’s the most recent set of logs. Three HorribleSubs releases (Durarara!! Season 2, Log Horizon Season 2, and Bonjour Sweet Love Patisserie) wouldn’t import, but the latest episodes for the TV show “Shameless” did import.

Transmission is reporting the path as: /media/ba09030e-705f-4a78-82fd-59eb2bc5b79f/Torrents//, but Sonarr is expecting either a path to the file directly or a folder that contains the video file.

Is transmission moving files after download (to seed from another location) or is there a post processing script?

No, Transmission keeps the files right there, and no PP scripts.

@taloth any thoughts on this one? I’ve seen this recently with Deluge as well.

So what are we talking about, Deluge or Transmission?

Some observations:
One log contained /media/ba09030e-705f-4a78-82fd-59eb2bc5b79f/Torrents// (transmission) other /media/ba09030e-705f-4a78-82fd-59eb2bc5b79f/Torrents/Torrents (deluge).
The transmission one, it contains double slashes (//), not sure if that could be a problem.
And that’s the api response, before sonarr even starts processing stuff.

@markus101 That is not correct, transmission always returns a directory, and sonarr expects that. If the path points to a directory with the same name as the torrent, it assumes it’s a multi-file torrent, otherwise it expects a file in the directory specified.