Sonarr Not Importing Completed Downloads from SABnzbd

Version 3.0.7.1477

Mono Version 6.12.0.122

I’m having what appears to be the same problem. Sonarr knows it has completed a download because the progress bar beside the relevant episode grows until it is replaced by an orange down arrow and bar (I’ve not seen this before). When I check the library externally, the episode is not there. Even more weird, when in Sonarr, for example, I look at Billions Season 6, I see I’m missing episodes 9-12 and my attempted SABNZBD download for episode 9 has the orange down arrow against it. When I check the library externally, there is no folder for Season 6!! I seem to have a disconnect between Sonarr and library. Also, I in Sonarr, I click on Activity, it shows my 2 attempted downloads with completed progress bars, no time left and yellow down arrows. Hovering over the down arrow produces a popup saying “One or more episodes expected in this release were not imported or missing…unable to determine if file is a sample”.

Moved to a new thread because it sounds like you have a different issue; the other thread is due to a misconfiguration where Sonarr does not see the downloads as complete, whereas it sounds like in your case Sonarr sees them as complete, but is failing to import them.

Please provide all the requested information when you open a new support thread as well as screenshots of Activity: Queue (also hover over the items that haven’t imported to see why they haven’t done so).

Looking further: Series -> Library Import -> Root Folders, It shows the path, free space and says I have 106 unmapped folders - what does this mean and how do I correct it?

Are you downloading to or having sab sort to your root folder?

Unmapped folders in your library folder are folders that exist but are not assigned to any series which should never be the case unless you have series you’re managing completely outside of sonarr

Please provide what Markus requested. Better yet see the download troubleshooting guide on the wiki as it sounds like you have several common problems going on

Are you downloading to or having sab sort to your root folder?

No, they go into separate complete/incomplete folders from where Sonarr gets them, but doesn’t seem to know where to put them.

Unmapped folders in your library folder are folders that exist but are not assigned to any series which should never be the case unless you have series you’re managing completely outside of sonarr

Which I am not.
Activity Screenshot:

Hovering over Orange down arrow:

Sonarr, SABNZBD and all files are on my QNAP TS-251+ NAS which I understand runs a version of Linux. Firmware version is 5.0.0.1986.

Then how and why do you have hundreds of unmapped folders in your library folder? Those presumably are all series that you never added to sonarr and thus don’t want sonarr to do anything with. Or you have movies in your tv folder or you have random folders that don’t belong in a library folder?

If Sonarr can’t determine if the file is a sample that it seems you have one of the common problems…you also have not provided what’s requested so there’s no additional help to provide until the required logs are provided

So, unmapped means not linked to Sonarr, clearly I’ve misunderstood the process of mapping my library to Sonarr. The library is properly organised and was working happily with Sonarr but I had to rebuild my NAS and thus needed to reinstall Sonarr. I have attached part of one of the log files - not sure of the best way to provide more.

2022-04-25 22:46:30.5|Error|VideoFileInfoReader|mediainfo is required but was not found

[v3.0.7.1477] System.DllNotFoundException: libmediainfo.so.0 assembly: type: member:(null)
at (wrapper managed-to-native) NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.MediaInfo.MediaInfo.MediaInfo_New()
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.MediaInfo.MediaInfo…ctor () [0x00006] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\MediaInfo\MediaInfoLib.cs:71
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.MediaInfo.VideoFileInfoReader.GetMediaInfo (System.String filename) [0x00021] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\MediaInfo\VideoFileInfoReader.cs:44

2022-04-25 22:46:30.5|Info|ExistingMetadataImporter|Found 0 existing metadata files
2022-04-25 22:46:30.5|Info|ExistingSubtitleImporter|Found 0 existing subtitle files
2022-04-25 22:46:30.5|Info|ExistingOtherExtraImporter|Found 0 existing other extra files
2022-04-25 22:46:30.5|Info|ExistingExtraFileService|Found 0 extra files
2022-04-25 22:46:30.5|Info|RefreshSeriesService|Updating The Untold History of the United States
2022-04-25 22:46:31.0|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Starting episode info refresh for: [263532][The Untold History of the United States]
2022-04-25 22:46:31.0|Info|RefreshEpisodeService|Finished episode refresh for series: [263532][The Untold History of the United States].
2022-04-25 22:46:31.0|Info|DiskScanService|Scanning The Untold History of the United States
2022-04-25 22:46:31.1|Info|DiskScanService|Completed scanning disk for The Untold History of the United States
2022-04-25 22:46:31.1|Error|VideoFileInfoReader|mediainfo is required but was not found

[v3.0.7.1477] System.DllNotFoundException: libmediainfo.so.0 assembly: type: member:(null)
at (wrapper managed-to-native) NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.MediaInfo.MediaInfo.MediaInfo_New()
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.MediaInfo.MediaInfo…ctor () [0x00006] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\MediaInfo\MediaInfoLib.cs:71
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.MediaInfo.VideoFileInfoReader.GetMediaInfo (System.String filename) [0x00021] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\MediaInfo\VideoFileInfoReader.cs:44

• Info logs are useless for any debugging.
  • Logs should be shared as specified in the wiki that the forum post template notes and not directly in a forum post
  • those logs indicate that you don’t have mediainfo installed, seems the installation instructions were not followed then?
  • logs have nothing to do with any download import

Get mediainfo installed

See the download troubleshooting article it’s almost guaranteed to be a common problem. If not you’ll have trace logs and screen shots to fair
https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/troubleshooting

Media Info CLI (shared) is installed, is that not the correct one?

Thank you for the troubleshooting article, I’ll get stuck into it.

What OS, since you cut off the forum template in your OP

QTS 4 based on Linux.

So QNAP, with the third party QNAP package that’s not maintained, supported, nor developed by the sonarr team I presume? Probs be best to contact the QNAP community for their specific install and mediainfo instructions then.

In frustration, I deleted the Sonarr and re-installed it. Added my library as a library import, added an indexer and download client (SABNZBD) and asked it to fetch a series. It all downloaded ok and placed in the library. Problem solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.