Sonarr not downloading some Old TV Programs/Series

Hello All,

I hope someone on here can help me. I have recently moved from SickBeard to Sonarr and love it. I have it all working and it works great with new TV series and I have it integrated with SabNzbd and Plex.

I used to use SickBeard to download old series as it saves a lot of time doing it manually. I started using Sonarr and it seemed ok at first (it was able to get many old series of active programs). However it seems to have stopped working now (or at least is not working for the new series I am trying).

I will give you a few examples (please note I do own copies of these, it is just more convenient to get them via Sonarr than convert them myself).

There is an old British Children’s TV Series called ‘The Animals of Farthing Wood’ which ended in 1994 I think. So I go to Sonar and Add it, it finds the info which is great and I do a search and add. I select use any profile (I dont care what size or quality it is) and complete a search and it comes back with no results and does not download. However if I manually go to an indexer I have added (I have several but lets say either newztown.co.za or usenet-crawler.com) I can see that the series is indeed there and can be downloaded manually. The indexers must be working ok as it downloads other series fine.

I thought it might just be old TV series but I had the same issue with Doctor Who. It will not download any of the old episodes (but is fine with the current series). They are all on the indexers and active and I can manually download them fine.

Is anyone able to help me at all?

Make sure the categories on those indexers where those episodes are found are enabled in Sonarr:

Other than that it could be naming or something else preventing Sonarr from finding them, but we’ll need debug logs to diagnose further.

Thanks for the response, and sorry for the very late reply. I did what you said and the info was in there.

However I found out that the issue was with the settings I had put for the SD profile. Even though all looked OK for some reason when I set manual max and min size it would not download. I just reset everything to default and it worked like a charm. I am sure this is something I should have checked first,but as I was saying use any profile I thought it would just download anything.

Anyway all working now, thought I would say thanks and update in case anyone else has problems.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.