Sonarr not downloading automatically

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.10.1567:
**Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.12.0.182 **:
OS: Running as a docker container on Windows(lscr.io/linuxserver/sonarr:latest):
**Debug logs:

**:
Description of issue:
I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this issue for days and I could really use other’s inputs.

I mainly use Sonarr for k-drama. Use alternatrr to add alternate titles in Korean. The strange part is it can find compatible series and episode just fine. So when I click search icon next to the series episode to let Sonarr find the torrent automatically, it works fine(I can see the episode getting added to the queue and I see it in my qBittorrent downloading).
It just doesn’t grab them automatically.
I only have one indexer(got rid of the other ones for debugging purpose).

I can also see RSS sync running every 30minutes.
‘Enable RSS’ is checked as shown in the screenshots below.
2023-05-28 (8)

I could really use some inputs.
Really appreciate your support in advance.

search and rss are different so it doesnt matter that you can see it in a search, it needs to be in the rss feed.

the screenshot shows your rss feed had 27 entries and it accepted at least one of them as a potential download but theres not enough log to see what happened next. ie if its not downloading then why wasnt sonarr able to send it to your download client - which would be in the logs

upload the logs somewhere and attach a link to them here

1 Like

Yeah that’s my big question as well.
Here’s the full log.

theres only a single match sent to your download client in those logs

2023-05-28 12:51:15.8|Info|DownloadService|Report sent to qbittorrent-docker. 진짜가 나타났다!.E20.230528.1080p.H264-F1RST

but it doesnt quite make sense. it looks like its from an rss download, not a manual search, but it rejected it based on not being able to find the series so im not sure why it sent it to your download client in the first place

2023-05-28 12:50:48.6|Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing release '진짜가 나타났다!.E20.230528.1080p.H264-F1RST' from 'TorrentWhiz (Prowlarr)'
2023-05-28 12:50:48.6|Debug|Parser|Parsing string '진짜가 나타났다!.E20.230528.1080p.H264-F1RST'
2023-05-28 12:50:48.6|Debug|Parser|Episode Parsed. 진짜가 나타났다 - S01E20 
2023-05-28 12:50:48.6|Debug|Parser|Language parsed: English
2023-05-28 12:50:48.6|Debug|QualityParser|Trying to parse quality for 진짜가 나타났다!.E20.230528.1080p.H264-F1RST
2023-05-28 12:50:48.6|Debug|Parser|Quality parsed: HDTV-1080p v1
2023-05-28 12:50:48.6|Debug|Parser|Release Group parsed: F1RST
2023-05-28 12:50:48.7|Debug|ParsingService|No matching series 진짜가 나타났다
2023-05-28 12:50:48.7|Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Release rejected for the following reasons: [Permanent] Unknown Series

once its in the download clients queue you can see it download and then sit there because it cant match the series (over and over) until the end of the logs at 13:27. is it still in your download clients queue?

the name does match its tvdb link though 진짜가 나타났다! - TheTVDB.com so someone who can tell you how the import filename parsing is being done may need to explain whats going on

note - that screenshot is from a manual search, so it doesnt count.

1 Like

so for this series, I set it to only monitor future episodes.
epsidoe 20 hasn’t even aired yet.
As shown in one of the screenshots I attached above, I was trying to grab E14 and it was available from the indexer without any warning messages(hence the reason I was able to simply click the magnifying icon and let it find and download automatically. However, I really want Sonarr to just grab them automatically)
I don’t really understand what RSS sync/query does in this case.
I agree it’s strange Sonarr is scanning for all future episodes as you described though.

doesnt mean it cant be uploaded by someone. if its monitored, has an episode name (not TBA or youve disabled that option), is found in the RSS feed, and matches something you need, then it will get grabbed

it will when they show up in the RSS feeds, but it never automatically searches the whole indexer every time, that would take up too much time and processing to ask for and check every episode you have that is tagged as monitored

most indexers have api limits that you would very quickly breach, whereas they tend not to limit RSS feeds as much

think of them as being similar to a manual search but its an automated request for only whats been recently uploaded to the indexer. it gets back a small(ish) list of files that can be checked for any monitored episodes you want downloaded

thats not the strange part, thats normal, and it checks the return from the RSS feed for anything you have set to monitored (airdate doesnt always matter)

what was strange was why it sent something to your download client that it had already rejected in the first place.

1 Like

Thanks for your help rhom!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.