Sonarr not downloading automatically - Truenas

Version 3.0.10.1567
Mono Version 6.8.0.123
AppData directory: /usr/local/sonarr
Startup directory:/usr/local/share/sonarr/bin
Torrent software: Transmission

Problem: When manually searching and downloading files, Sonarr works great and puts files in the right folders. But when adding new series, it won’t trigger the full search and download functions automatically.

Log example:

I added Dick Van Dyke show, and selected the First Season to download. But the indicator on the show card shows “monitored” and it is gray. And it won’t change to anything that looks active.

Thanks for any suggestions.

when you added the new show did you tick the box to search for missing episodes?

if you didnt then you have to search manually by clicking on the magnifying glass icon next to each episode (or season, or the show itself)

noting that you also need to ensure that your indexers have been setup to allow rss, automatic, and/or manual, searching from each one.

Yes, all those settings look correct. I tested again on popular shows with plenty of seeds. Same problem. Ok manually, but no automatic downloads.

its only going to do that auto backfill search when you first add the series (and ticked the box to do it).

after that its only going to check if anything in the RSS feeds from your indexers matches a missing monitored episode.

OK. Thanks. I must have been sloppy or chose test programs with too few seeders. Thanks for suggesting the double checks. It is working correctly now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.