Sonarr Mac helper app

that’s fantastic news. thanks for thinking of us mac guys:). Sonarr is certainly easy enough to setup and run as a daemon on os x, but the ability to have a menu bar item with options, just as a native app would is a big +.
You guys rule once again.

Hi, is there a way of changing the port that the helper app users? i.e if i change from 8989 to 8181 etc…

You can change it via Settings -> General from within Sonarr.

Hi Thx for response. I know how to change the setting in Sonarr but when you change it using Settings -> General the helper app does not change (i.e icon menu settings do not change with it). When you click on the drop down menu Web Interface it remains at 8989 as port for user interface.

Ahh, my apologize. I’m not sure if that can be changed, its not yet part of of build process.

Hmm, it should be pulling the port from the config file. Looks like it might be a bug. I’ll look into it.

Hello,

Is there any reason this shouldn’t be compatible with OSX 10.8.5? On github I’m downloading the 2.2 version from the Releases tab. Upon unzipping, the icon has the standard “no” symbol and OSX throws an error stating it “requires OSX 10.9” and higher.

Thanks.

Yeah it’s written in Swift, Apple’s new programming language, which is only supported on OSX 10.9 and higher. Sorry.

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you Sonarr Mac users out that I’ve updated my Mac Status Menu app to support El Capitan and Hombrew Cask.
It’s super easy to install Sonarr now on a Mac and get run-at-login etc working.
Using Homebrew cask simply,
$ brew cask install sonarr-menu

Cask will take care of all the dependancies.

or you can check it out on GitHub:

1 Like