Sonarr lost connection with qbittorrent

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4753
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxw5M8Nn2jnDMklEMmh0TUsyMDA
Description of issue: I user qbittorrent as a client. I have completed download handling active but sometimes sonarr lost track of the downloads sent to bittorrent. On the client the category specified on sonarr is not assigned (sonarr) and nothing shows on the activity tab. When this happens I have to move the files to the drone factory folder manually. The latest file this happened to was [HorribleSubs] Shingeki no Kyojin S2 - 33 [1080p].mkv, if you need check the debug file.

I’m having also this other issue where sonarr is able to keep track of the download but after download is complete the file is not hardlink or copied to the show folder. On the logs I see an error that the file is locked (I believe this is a qbitorrent problem) when trying to remove it, but I think it should at least be able to copy or hardlink it.

Thank you.

I don’t see anything in the logs regarding this episode being grabbed (which is where setting the category could fail). In the case where it’s not assigned Sonarr would have either gotten a failed response (or none at all) from qbit when adding the torrent or setting the category failed, any of those failures would be logged as long as Sonarr tried to queue the release/set the category.

Once you have logs that show the problem we can advise further, but manually assigning the category would also allow Sonarr to import it when it completes.

If it’s locked and Sonarr can’t access it, it won’t be able to copy or hardlink it, that comes down to how the file is locked in Windows and not something Sonarr can bypass, though it may be something qbit can avoid.

Hi markus101,

Isn’t this log line that mention the episode being grabbed?

17-5-20 15:45:59.9|Info|DownloadService|Report sent to QBittorrent. [HorribleSubs] Shingeki no Kyojin S2 - 33 [1080p].mkv

That google drive link I posted shows itself as one scrolls down. Possibly you didn’t seen it because of that. It’s better if you download the log file.

Regarding the file being locked. I read somewhere its a libtorrent issue that as been fixed and could be included in next qbittorrent release. I also realize that, when this happens, if I resume the torrent, it will pause again because if have qbittorrent set to do it once it reaches certain ratio. And that unlocks the file and sonarr can access it.

Yeah missed it because Google only loads part of the document, so even find on page is useless (what a pain). I see it now, but it was successful and the category should have been successfully applied.

I’m not sure what level of detail qbits logs will show, but it looks like it’s not applying the category. ((Trace logs)) in Sonarr should log that the request was sent, though they are going to fill up fast.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.