Sonarr loses backend connectivity

Sonarr version (exact version):

Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Windows

Windows 10 Home Build 19043.1586

Debug logs:

Description of issue:
Sonarr has recently begun losing connectivity to the backend. Previously have had no issues with this.

nothing in those debug logs appears relevant to the front end

f12 - network console, what’s it show?

Sonarr has recently begun losing connectivity to the backend. Previously have had no issues with this.

What changed on your system?

Here is what I see. Also, I noticed a message

" A page or script is accessing at least one of navigator.userAgent , navigator.appVersion , and navigator.platform . Starting in Chrome 101, the amount of information available in the User Agent string will be reduced."

Nothing has changed in my system. Just auto updates to windows and chrome.

Looks like signalr can’t connect nor is even making any attempts to connect?

What’s the console show?

console shows it connected.

Here’s another shot of network

@bakerboy448 here is what it shows when I get the error.

How do you fix the issue and reconnect to Sonarr?
Are you needing to restart Sonarr or the browser?

It looks like either Sonarr is no longer running or a firewall is blocking the connection (but it’s on localhost so that can probably be ruled out).

You logs are a couple weeks old, but this is a huge gap of time, that can’t be explained by Sonarr restarting:

2022-04-08 12:01:15.2|Debug|Api|[GET] /api/v3/config/host: 200.OK (10 ms)
2022-04-14 14:32:33.2|Debug|SabnzbdProxy|Url: http://localhost:8080/api?mode=get_config&apikey=(removed)&output=json

Because debug logs would have start up messages.

I can close chrome and reopen and it corrects. Just reloading the page does not work. It seems to lose connection once every 24-48 hrs. I know this is a Sonarr forum, but Radarr loses connection as well at the same time.

I found a reddit discussing to uncheck Enable JavaScript source maps. Not sure if that might be a solution?

Here is a fresh debug log

Sounds like an issue on the Chrome side then, try another browser or Chrome without any extensions (Incognito does this by default).

It happened with Edge as the browser. Attempting chrome in incognito. Will report back.

1 Like

It happened in Edge and Chrome Incognito.

here is incognito

Is there any anti-virus running on that device?

I don’t think a firewall should coming into play, but that is potentially an issue as well. At a bit of a loss on this one since Sonarr seems to be running constantly, but something is interfering with the communications until the browser is shut down.

Would you also be able to test with Firefox? (The idea being it’s not a Chromium based browser like Chrome/Edge).

Sure, I can get Firefox and test it.

The only firewall and anti-virus running is windows defender. I also uninstalled and got a fresh install of chrome and that did not work either.

Losing connection with Firefox as well. I’ve always used a vpn, but do you think that may be the cause? I just don’t understand how it’s worked for over a year and has just started having problems the past month or so.

VPN that has broken split tunnel?

The vpn I use currently does not support split tunneling for windows. That feature is still under development.

Certainly possible the VPN is the issue and at the moment seems the most likely, not sure why it’d work before and then start having issues now though.

I appreciate all the help. When split tunnel is available for windows, I’ll look into setting it up for Sonarr and Radarr to see if that will help correct it.

Yea, I’m not sure why it became an issue all of a sudden either.

Disconnected VPN and still loses connection with Firefox. :woozy_face:

I’m not sure what else you could check, definitely seems to be related to that system and given Sonarr is functional the whole time it seems to be external to Sonarr, but something with the network stack on the system, not the browser specifically.