Sonarr is looking for season pack (eg "S01") instead of individual episodes for newly added show

Sonar is looking for season pack (eg “S01”) instead of individual episodes for newly added show. And because there are no season packs available right now (since the show just ended), it’s not downloading anything even though individual episodes are available in a manual search.

Log:
17-3-15 06:49:04.9|Info|NzbSearchService|Searching 2 indexers for [This Is Us : S01]
17-3-15 06:49:07.0|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 3 releases
17-3-15 06:49:07.7|Info|EpisodeSearchService|Completed missing search for 16 episodes. 0 reports downloaded.

Manual search for individual episode:

If you do a season search Sonarr will search for all episodes in that season in a batch. Searching for This is Us S01 should return results (it does on most indexers), though a quick check on lime torrents shows that not working (maybe due to the partial word matches being rejected).

Ok that’s how I thought it should work. I believe it’s done that for other shows and downloaded them ok (the batch searching), but I guess it’s just this show that has the problem then.

We don’t search by ‘S01’, we search by &q=This+is+Us&season=1 via the torznab api, Jackett translates that to whatever the tracker needs. If that doesn’t work properly, then it’s the job of the indexer/jackett to deal with it.

Right, that was specific to LimeTorrents where I tried that query and it failed.

Updated:

So basically Jackett is at fault here. Is there any way to modify the search to &q=This is Us as a workaround, instead? So basically no season=1 and have spaces in between the words instead of + (but not &20, apparently).

Some Tests Ive conducted below…

EZTV Tests:

Limetorrent Tests:

No, Jackett will need to handle that behaviour since Sonarr is sending a consistent request to all Torznab indexers.

Ok Thanks.

I am opening up an issue with them instead.

Update: Link to Jackett issue. Fingers crossed!

@markus101 @Taloth In the meantime, could you point me to where I would find that string in the Sonarr code to edit out? In case I was to compile my own form…

That’d be in NewznabRequestGenerator, but that would affect all Newznab or Torznab indexers.

Ah. I dont use usenet or Newznab.

Update: Im not a programmer but was able to download Xamarin studio and download a fork, built NzbDrone.Core.dll and replaced it with the one I have installed on my NAS.

Made the following changes…

NewznabRequestGenerator.cs:

This:

private static string NewsnabifyTitle(string title)
        {
            return title.Replace("+", "%20");
        }

To…

private static string NewsnabifyTitle(string title)
        {
            return title.Replace("+", " ");
        }

And this:

public virtual IndexerPageableRequestChain GetSearchRequests(SeasonSearchCriteria searchCriteria)
        {
            var pageableRequests = new IndexerPageableRequestChain();

AddTvIdPageableRequests(pageableRequests, MaxPages, Settings.Categories, searchCriteria,
                string.Format("&season={0}",
                    searchCriteria.SeasonNumber));

return pageableRequests;
        }

To this…

public virtual IndexerPageableRequestChain GetSearchRequests(SeasonSearchCriteria searchCriteria)
    {
        var pageableRequests = new IndexerPageableRequestChain();

AddTvIdPageableRequests(pageableRequests, MaxPages, Settings.Categories, searchCriteria,
            string.Format("",
                searchCriteria.SeasonNumber));

return pageableRequests;
    }

The search goes thru as intended and Jacket logs identify results found, but Sonarr is throwing an inception… http://pastebin.com/fJbRf0TY

Any suggestions? Or should I just give up?

Not sure, you may have better luck altering it in in Jackett.

yeah, in jackett it’s just one .yml file, I’m not gonna spend any more time here.

Thanks for your time and help.

Update: Issue resolved with latest version of Jackett (v0.7.1176).

Sorry if this is unrelated, but where do I go to do a “manual search” ? (where you can type in your own search terms)

If you are meaning as in the screenshots earlier in the thread, then that’s done in Jackett.

In my scenario, when I set the show to monitor all and then search for a specific season at once, it checks for both. If it finds a season pack, then it will grab that. If not, it will still grab the individual episodes.

Is there any benefit to running Jackett if the torrent tracker I use is already on the list of supported trackers in Sonarr?

Probably not. In my case Jackett is essential.
But if your trackers are supported natively in Sonarr or indeed Radarr then apart from the search options mentioned then it’s not needed.

That wasn’t working for EZTV and Limetorrents.