Sonarr grabs episode 45 min after release

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1265
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): N/A
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/xgFmHfZv
Description of issue:
So, I decided to casually observe Sonarr doing its thing this evening and noticed that the episode I was observing had been released but there was no activity from Sonarr to request it. Then suddenly exactly 45 later (episode dropped 20:15, Sonarr started searching at 21:00 and found it) it downloaded the episode. Why didn’t it grab it much sooner? I’ve set the interval to every 15 min so it had perhaps 2 or 3 shots in-between (20:15; 20:30; 20:45). What could be the issue here?

1 Like

My guess would be the source RSS doesn’t update immediately.

Sonarr doesn’t search in this case, it’s watching RSS feeds.

Was it available on your indexers RSS feed earlier than that? (Debug logs will show that, the Info logs you linked will not).

There is always going to be some amount of time between posted, added to the indexer and visible on the RSS feed, some (most?) indexers only internally update their RSS feeds on set intervals, mostly around 15 minutes from what I’ve seen.

Yeah, I realized sometimes the easiest answer is the correct one. It was the sites’ RSS feed which were at fault.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.