Sonarr failed to import

Ok, I will try {Original Filename} this should work nicely.

Yes, definitely to ‘require’ only.<–how/where is that option?

Release profiles, must contain.

The original filename worked for the file renaming.

In the release profiles and in the ‘must contain’ field…what should be inserted in this field?
I have 25-tags; those tags are also the same name as the release groups eg.(NTb).
So what exactly should be inserted in the ‘must contain’ field?, the tag-name and then also inserted in the ‘tags’ field as well? so then i would have something like: Must Contain[NTb], Tags[NTb]. Which means creating 25 release profiles.

Is it possible to combine the series title with season for the ‘series folder format’?.
I tried the following but it does not create anything after the ‘S’.
{Series.CleanTitle}.S{season:00}

What are the illegal characters that sonarr replaces or removes?
Characters
Is there a placeholder or regex to use for removing or replacing “.+” from one of the series?
{Original.Filename}=prevents appending the [rarbg] from the original title but leaves unwanted characters in filenames like “.+”.
{Original.Title}=prevents those illegal characters but appends the [rarbg] at the end of all filenames since this is how the original ‘post/folder/title’ is named.

I’m not sure if this is the client doing this or sonarr triggering the client to do this.
file.
Most of the times that 2nd folder is auto-removed, however, sometimes it is left behind leaving it as a 2nd copy of same file.

The release groups you want to limit releases to.

If you only want a series to ever have a single release group this approach will work, otherwise if you want multiple possible release groups, add them all to must contain and set a tag, then set that tag on each series you want it to apply to. Each release profile’s must contain needs to pass, so it you want NTB or BTN you’d put them in the same release profile.

No, season folders would be under the series folder.

Do you mean the literal character .? There is not.

This is covered in the FAQ, seeding torrents are not moved, they are hardlinked or copied.

So I can use one profile to match several tags with the ‘must contain’ field, for example, I can have in the ‘must contain’ field, ntb, kings, and tbs and then in the tags field use the same 3 tags so this way I would not require to have three separate profiles, is that correct?

What I meant by combining/merging is would it be possible to have it named something like ‘DEVS.S01’ instead of just ‘DEVS’ for the series title.

The unwanted characters are actually several sets of “.+.” , however, I only need it to remove one of the periods along with the plus character like “.+”, according to the illegal character set you provided, only the plus ‘+’ characters can be auto-removed by that setting.

I just read the FAQ in regards to the undeleted torrents when the ‘remove imported downloads’ is not enabled in the ‘completed download handling’, however, If I enable this, sonarr will auto-remove it from the client and I prefer for it to stay in the completed category till I manually remove it. What I don’t understand is why this is already working for most of the torrents but only some are left undeleted. So enabling this option will auto-remove all of them every time?

Correct, though, it may be easier to use a single tag, but it’s up to you.

No, it’s not.

Right, only the + is illegal.

Only when they’re stopped/paused and have reached their seeding goal.

Thanks,

I ended up creating 15-must have profiles, 4-preferred by score profiles and one of them with both ‘must-have and preferred by score’ since there is a release group with two different sources that required prioritization. I think it is better to have them separately for better flexibility to make updates, changes, or disabling them if necessary. The ‘profile’ category is very extensive and flexible, providing many options.

No problem on the series-season title as I will just manually rename them prior to off-line archiving, this actually works out better for me to set them apart between ‘active’ and ‘completed’ prior to storage.

I created a silent auto-rename script to delete all occurrences of the ‘.+’ from all mkv in that series folder and scheduled it to auto-rename once a week since it is only one title and I did not want to embed it in the torrent client to ‘run after torrent’ completes so it would not run it needlessly after every download.

At the moment, 99% of the ‘folder/file’ downloads are been properly renamed/moved by sonarr without enabling the ‘remove’ option in the handling category, 1% is preferred to not having the option of manually controlling the client’s ‘completed queue’.

Thank you for your guide and patience assistance, it has been much appreciated.
Excellent software and credits to everyone involved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.