Sonarr downloading shows but sometimes failing to fetch show

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1342
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: None now, but I’ve changed it from Info to Debug
Description of issue:
Hi all, hoping for some assistance here. Just got Sonarr this week installed on my Synology DS220+ running DSM7. I do not use Docker (never have).
I got everything set up, I use IPTorrents so I set up Jackett and linked that to Sonarr, my download client is Download Station and my intervals are set to every 10 minutes to check for any new TV shows that come out that I have monitored. IPTorrents like to rar TV shows, not sure why, so I have Download Station set to auto extract upon download completion, in the same folder. Everything works as expected, except sometimes I see Sonarr does not fetch the video file after it has extracted, and when I look at the history of that item, I can see where the download was initiated, but then there’s also a failed download detected after, even though the file did download and auto extract without issue.

This has worked right through once for me, I’m thinking Sonarr is looking for the video file before it finishes extracting. Anyone have any ideas?

sonarr doesnt exactly go looking - its told where the file is by the download client. eg, job is finished and you can find the file here.

if your download client is doing the extracting then it should be telling sonarr where the extracted file(s) is/are (the folder it unzipped to).

if you have a third party tool doing the extracting then the file will not match what the download client told sonarr and it will barf.

check the logs to see what path sonarr was given to import

any money that one worked because it was a single media file, not a zip

My money is on this. As for IPTorrents personally any site that has the files zips is not worth it. It’s extremely risky to trust the files that way, two it’s simply tacky of them. Plenty of piublic trackers that won’t pull that CRAP.

Thanks guys! The one that went through the whole process was definitely a rar file as well.
I’ve been using IPTorrents forever, not sure if I can ask, but are there any other sites that get TV Shows as fast as them that do not rar the files?

I have another TV show episode coming out today, so if it fails again while the files are extracting I will pull the logs.

Use Unpackerr which does unpacking right rather than every other method that does it poor and results in problems

I’ll look into this, does it work natively with Synology?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.