Sonarr doesn't start anymore on my Synology

Sonarr version: 20150731-8
Mono version: 4.2.2.30-7
((Debug logs)):
Description of issue:

Hi guys! Until yesterday everything was working properly, but now Sonarr (and Jackett) doesn’t start anymore from my Synology DS213j.
When I try to launch Sonarr by clicking on its icon, a “failed connection” page appears.
If I try to launch it “manually” from the Package Center, Sonarr try to start itself, but then “stopped” appears under “status”.
Same thing with Jackett.
Last night I updated Mono, so I imagine that this is the problem.
How can I solve?
I already tried to uninstall/reinstall everything.

Thanks!

Check the ((log files)) to see if Sonarr is even being started or the issue is with mono. You could also try starting mono through the terminal (mono --version) to see if it is working properly and then starting Sonarr via the terminal to see if that works and its a package issue.

Have you recently updated to DSM 6.0? I know 6.0 had a number of issues with Sonarr originally (some workarounds on the forums).

Thanks for your help markus, but unfortunately I don’t know how to do this…
I enabled SSH, then I launched putty and the terminal opened. I wrote cd /usr/local/nzbdrone/var/.config/NzbDrone as your link says, but what should I do to download the log files?

I also tried to write start mono --4.2.2.30-7 , but nothing happens.

I haven’t updated to DSM 6.0 recently.

I’m sorry, I’m not practical about linux commands…

SCP should work for downloading them. On Windows WinSCP is what I use.

Where did you get that command from? That doesn’t look like anything you’d ever need to run. Does mono --version work?

WinSCP works! Thanks! Unfortunately this is the useless install.log

|| Installing package version="20150731-8" - Wed Aug 31 00:21:54 CEST 2016 ||
|| Package Install Completed - Wed Aug 31 00:22:10 CEST 2016 ||

I tried mono --4.2.2.30-7 because I thought I should replace “version” with my mono version :smiley:
Anyway, now I wrote mono --version as you said on putty, but this is the result:

admin@NAS:~$ mono --version -sh: mono: command not found

It’s possible the synology mono version needs to be executed differently, but that would have probably caused issues with the updater so I’m not 100% sure it does. Sounds like an issue with mono, though it does say it installed properly, I don’t know enough about synology to troubleshoot that further.

Thanks anyway for your help :slight_smile:
I also tried this, but it doesn’t let me edit the file (permissions problem).

Solved following the guide posted above :slight_smile:
I wasn’t unable to edit the file because I needed root privileges and, in order to do this, I had to type sudo -i .

Now it works :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.