Sonarr + Deluge + vpn (Nordvpn)

Sonarr version (2.0.0.5252):
Description of issue:

If I use VPN (Nordvpn), I can’t connect sonarr to Deluge, by using sonarr settings. However it does work without the vpn. Does anybody know how to solve this please?

I tried localhost, the local IP, hostname. I can’t use the nordvpn IP because it changes after each reboot, each day.

Test aborted due to exception: Unable to connect to Deluge, please check your settings

Exception
NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientUnavailableException: Unable to connect to Deluge, please check your settings —> System.Net.WebException: De aanvraag is afgebroken: Er is een time-out opgetreden voor de bewerking.
bij System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
bij NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:regel 96
bij NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:regel 53
bij NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookieContainer) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:regel 121
bij NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:regel 57
bij NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.ExecuteRequest[TResult](JsonRpcRequestBuilder requestBuilder, String method, Object[] arguments) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:regel 224
— Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad —
bij NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.ExecuteRequest[TResult](JsonRpcRequestBuilder requestBuilder, String method, Object[] arguments) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:regel 250
bij NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.ProcessRequest[TResult](DelugeSettings settings, String method, Object[] arguments) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:regel 196
bij NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.DelugeProxy.AddLabel(String label, DelugeSettings settings) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\DelugeProxy.cs:regel 169
bij NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.Deluge.TestCategory() in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\Deluge.cs:regel 272
bij NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Deluge.Deluge.Test(List1 failures) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\Deluge\Deluge.cs:regel 202 bij NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadClientBase1.Test() in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\DownloadClientBase.cs:regel 116

If Sonarr and Deluge are both running on the local computer and not a separate host, then localhost should work and VPN shouldn’t affect it, however I know some VPN providers do block access to local resources when you’re connected to it so you might need to look into the client’s settings if you’re using such a setup. Mine does, but it has a setting to allow for that traffic.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I dont have any settings relevant to localhost of local traffic. Is there a way to bypass this?

The applications (sonarr, deluge, plex server, nordvpn) are indeed on the same server.

The plex connection to localhost in sonarr does work within nordvpn

I don’t use NordVPN myself so couldn’t say. Google or nordvpn forums don’t have any assistance on the topic?

-Sounds- like it should work if you use localhost/127.0.0.1, you say it doesn’t work when using the VPN, what Sonarr needs is the Web interface of Deluge so are you able to access the web interface manually when on the VPN?

Try your LAN ip,
The one before VPN connection.

Thanks again for answering!

I’m still looking around forums to find a similar case… The only use case i’ve found were people using nordvpn sock5. But I need the vpn, because i can’t reach a significant amount of private trackers from europe.

I can reach plex, sonarr, radarr and deluge with localhost and local ip + respective port. I can also reach them from my phone on WiFi. This is the case with and without vpn.

However in radarr and sonarr, i can’t make them connect to deluge with the vpn on not even 127.0.0.1 nor localhost. But I can connect them to plex from within the apps using ip and localhost.

Is there something i’m missing?

Thank you for answering. But I already tried that as written in the first post.

To be clear:

With nordvpn OFF everything works:
(Meaning connecting sonarr to deluge by adding as a download client in sonarr):
Localhost
Local ip —> meaning LAN IP
And 127.0.0.1 all work
EVERYTHING WORKS

But with nordvpn ON

• i still can reach sonarr management interface from another computer in the lan by using its local IP = LAN IP:PORT
    -on the computer itself, I can use localhost:port to go to the management interface of deluge, sonarr, radarr, plex
  • sonarr is connected to plex while using localhost in the “connect” tab
  • HOWEVER (WITH VPN “ON”… TO BE CLEAR) I CANNOT CONNECT SONARR NOR RADARR TO DELUGE in the “download client” tab in sonarr management interface:
    Not with localhost
    Not with local ip = lan ip
    Not with 127.0.0.1

I cannot use the vpn ip, because the client reconnects to another server each time the computer reboots

Does anybody have a clue what’s going on?

I still didnt find an answer in other forums

Found something

Scroll down and there you will find something.
Please report back.

Re what I said earlier about an option to block local network that many VPN providers have, a google search returned this as the first result;

And it seems quite on point. Can you check/confirm?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.