Sonarr crashing for unknown reasons

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.778
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.8.0.105
Debug logs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IjKLMGvgaF9agKzVR6GSd4J5ulc3hWop
Description of issue: I don’t see an errors in the logs that explain the issue. I find that Sonarr is crashing unexpectedly and frequenly. Please advise.

Likely mono crashing and Sonarr going down with it, to verify you’ll want to redirect the standard output and error of the mono process to a text file.

I did see a mono_crash file and I’ve linked it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h_wz7bWOWVPHnMaonvhdJXv35Jp-_ZRm

If its the case of mono crashing and taking Sonarr down with it, I would expect that Radarr and Lidarr would also crash but those are functioning normally.

Well mono is crashing, which means Sonarr’s log files don’t have the last bit logged because it’s gone before it can write to the file, capturing standard output and error to a file is the only why.

Unfortunately this isn’t useful to us.

The last thing I see is Sonarr getting media info from a file, if you’re running an old version of mediaifno that could be the culprit.

I’m guessing MediaInfo wasn’t installed.

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA] # mediainfo --version
-sh: mediainfo: command not found

I’ve now installed it.

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA] # mediainfo --version
MediaInfo Command line,
MediaInfoLib - v17.12
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA] #

If this is truly the issue can we possibly add a check and warning in Sonarr?

libmediainfo is what Sonarr uses, if it didn’t have it at all then it would have failed trying to read the mediainfo.

In your case the mediainfo did come back, so it’s different than most of the crashes I’ve seen where it starts to read mediainfo and fails and may be completely unrelated. The only way to know is getting the standard output and error redirected to a file.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.