Sonarr crashing after launch

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)): Cannot access logs
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue: Sonarr repeatedly crashes within seconds after startup. I cannot supply logs since the app doesn’t run long enough to launch the GUI to access the log feature. I see Sonarr launch, it shows up in the Activity Monitor, but dies within 15 seconds (disappears from Activity Monitor).

Without logs we can’t help troubleshoot. You’ll need to find them on disk, ((log files)) lists some common locations.

Markus:
Thanks for stepping in. After following your link to locate the stored logs, I am still having trouble. The only log there is from 4 months ago, so I assume it will not be helpful.

Since sonarr crashes after every launch, I assume there is a corrupt config file or something similar that is causing the issue. I suspect the fix is to delete this file and allow sonarr to rebuild it? I am hoping to save my long list of monitored series, but am willing to do what it takes to get this app back up and running.

I was seeing odd behavior from Plex, PlexConnect, and couchpotato so assumed that an OS restart was in order. Upon restart, an OS update was announced and downloaded. Now, I can get everything else up (plex, PlexConnect, CP, SAB) up and running except sonarr. The first sign of trouble is that sonarr crashes within seconds of launching it. That’s all I know.

I am afraid that I am a little less competent than most of the participants here, so any non-jargon help moving forward would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

If the only file there s 4 months old, the data must be getting stored in another location, perhaps running under a different user.

It’s probably best to start here: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#i-use-sonarr-on-a-mac-and-it-suddenly-stopped-working-what-happened

No other users on this OS.

It looks like the help at the provided link worked. After step 6 (Move the following files to Trash: nzbdrone.db, nzbdrone.db-journal), Sonarr persisted after launch. I also have all my series and settings in place.

Thank you ! Thank you!

Any comments on what might have happened; what I did wrong? Or is this just a typical errping app situation? How might I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks for any thoughts you can provide.

Typically it’s an issue with the filesystem and the database, the filesystem says it wrote the file, but in reality it didn’t, then when you reboot/lose power/the disk goes off the data that was “written” is lost and the DB becomes corrupt. Shutting down Sonarr before rebooting may help, but depends whether the disk is out of sync with reality.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.