Sonarr crashes Mono on MacOS Monterey

Sonarr version (3.0.6.1265):
Mono version (6.12.0.122):
OS MacOS Monterey 12.0 Beta (21A5268h:
Debug logs:
Description of issue: Sonarr starts, runs normal processes, and then just stops. I ran the debug and trace logs, but they showed no error, which is why I didn’t include them. I’m not a developer and I’m new at this, but I managed to locate a fault in mono by executing Sonarr via the terminal (this is big deal for me). Pastebin for that output below. As far as what my log does show, there are no errors, just usual startup scanning, and it stops in a different place every time after a minute or two, so it doesn’t seem like it’s sticking on one file or anything, but that info is also on the console output attached.

Radarr and Lidarr working fine, so I’m not sure this issue roots in Mono.

I have updated and reinstalled Mono to latest version and completely re downloaded Sonarr.

I assume this is due to the Beta version of my OS, but if someone can decode what this crash means (and more importantly what I can do about it) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your awesome software.

Hi, I had the same issue and updated to the latest Mono preview build and it seems to be stable now.

Radarr and Lidarr working fine, so I’m not sure this issue roots in Mono.

neither Radarr nor Lidarr use Mono anymore…and if you’re on the mono builds for those you should have a nag to upgrade to .net

Also beta OSes are not supported.

additionally; duplicate of this thread Keeps shutting down, MacOS 12 Monterey

Thanks. Unfortunately this didn’t work for me. Now running Mono Preview 6.12.0.147. Same issue.

So… on my system nothing has been updated since my last post, be it mono, OSX, or Sonarr, but it’s magically working. I ran it via console for the umpteenth time and this time it asked for my permission to access the downloads folder. Uptime now at almost 9 hours. It previously wouldn’t go beyond 3 minutes. I can only assume this permissions request was what was pending before, and I"m not sure why it didn’t ask… but that’s the only variable I can see that has changed. Fingers crossed.