Sonarr - Black Armor Seagate Nas - Problem adding series

Version
Mono Version
AppData directory
/home/charles/.config/NzbDrone
Startup directory
/opt/NzbDrone

Ubuntu 16.0.4 LTS

I have everything running and installed. All is good with that aspect. Where I am running into a problem is with the shared folder on my Seagate NAS (Black Armor).

I have mounted the shared folder in /etc/fstab and it works just fine. I can see all the Series in the Shared Folder. However when I try and add the drive to import existing shows into Sonarr, I receive this message:

[Warn] NzbDroneErrorPipeline: Invalid request Validation failed:
– Folder is not writable by user root

I am pretty much a n00b when it comes to Linux and Ubuntu, but know enough to be dangerous.

Has anyone had any success with the Seagate NAS and shared folders in Sonarr? IT all works fine on my Windows machine, but I want to move away from tieing up that machine.

The share is authenticating with a Windows user with administrative rights. From Ubuntu, I am able to create files and folders on the share normally. But it appears root needs the same level of access?

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.