Sonarr and transmission help

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5338
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: See pastebin
Description of issue:
Hello,

I am a first time Ubuntu (18.04 GUI) and Docker user, so this project has been a learning experience for me. For the past 4 days I have been trying to get Sonarr to work correctly with Transmission-vpn on my Raid1 array.

What happens:

I select a show in Sonarr

Sonarr searches out to index

Transmission receives the torrent and downloads it.

Torrent finishes the downloads

Sonarr gives me import failed error (see logs)

If I go in and manually tell Sonarr to “Preview rename for all episodes” it breaks the episodes down into seasons but does not put them into a “series folder”.

File structure

Mount path of my raid array (referenced as MEDIA1 based upon enviro variables)=media/plex/Raid1

/media/plex/Raid1/Downloads/completed is where Transmission puts files when they are done. This is where I have the path set for each show (under the wrench icon on each show). Yet Sonarr gives me the import error.

/media/plex/Raid1/Downloads/incomplete is where Transmission puts the incomplete files. I can watch them get completed and moved to the “completed” folder.

Settings:

Rename episodes=ON

Series Folder Format={Series Title}

Create empty series folders=ON

Delete empty folders=ON (It does not do this after renaming folders)

Completed Download Handling= Enable is on

Completed Download Handling= Remove is on

At first I thought this was a permission issue, so I ran “sudo chmod -R ugo+rwx media/plex/Raid1” which should have given permission to do anything in the raid array.

LOGS: https://pastebin.com/WRZkEJWX

Docker file:https://pastebin.com/tAGBqiZE

transmission has ${MEDIA1}/Downloads/completed:/data/completed but sonarr does not, it has ${MEDIA1}/Downloads/completed:/completed instead

so when transmission tells sonarr the file is ready and its here - /data/completed/The.Expanse.S04E08.1080p.WEB.H264-STARZ[rarbg]

that path does not exist in sonarr so it barfs

basically you have a volume/path that is identical in both - or you create a remote path mapping in sonarr so it knows that /data/completed/... in the transmission container is actually /completed/... in the sonarr container

settings > download clients > remote path mappings (the + to add one is on the right hand edge)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.