Sonarr and Radarr both on port 80, seperate IPs. Will not start

Sonarr and Radarr latest versions as at week of 11-Mar-2018
Windows Server 2016 Core 1709 SAC.

A Hyper-V VM, single network adapter. Said adapter has four IPv4 addresses configured.

Sonarr configured to bind 192.168.10.215
Radarr configured to bind 192.168.10.216

Both are configured to listen on 80 and 443. I really want to get the default browser ports operating here.

Essentially, whichever service is started first (using powershell command start-service nzbdrone or start-service Radarr). Will work just fine. Starting the second service fails. If you stop the first service, you are then able to start the second.

It seems whichever is started first seizes exclusive control of 80/443, I think on localhost. Logs indicate listening service is starting on localhost:80, even though a bind IP is specified. Maybe the second service refuses to start when it sees localhost:80 is in use

Am I grossly misunderstanding something about windows networking? I had thought reusing the same ports on unique IPs would create unique sockets, and allow the services to coexist. I want the listening service bound to the specified IP only.
Is it possible to disable localhost bind?
Would adding the IPs to seperate virtual NICs help?

It is not just Radarr/sonarr either. SABnzbd exhibits the same behaviour (configured to bind a third seperate IP). Whichever of the three starts first will run, the other two will fail to start.

Will post logs soon, sorry it’s late here. Just thought I’d post early in case someone can tell me when I wake up it’s hopeless and save me some time.

Thank you for your time.

Wouldn’t a reverse proxy be way easier, if you only want ports 80 and 443?

Hi, yes the intent is to put a pfsense + squid reverse proxy in place to provide access from outside the home network. That step hasn’t happened yet as I’m battling this bind issue.

My problem is what occurs when you are inside the network. Split DNS zoning means that the hostname resolves to the pfsense Wan interface when you are outside the home, and resolves directly to the sonarr host when you are inside the home. Yet you would need to specify different destination ports in this scenario depending on if you were inside or outside the network. This is the kind of annoying inconsistency I need to eliminate, particularly for non technical users like my wife or dad.

Something I’m considering but unsure of is having the internal Lan interface of the pfsense also act as reverse proxy. Would this work? I’ve got no experience with squid yet.

Ah ok. Makes sense now, and also a bit outside of my area of expertise :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.