Sonar stuck on balls going back and forth?

Sonarr version (exact version): Latest

((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)

My log file is huge, but I have it on google drive, since it says do not post directly here, just pm or tell me what to do for link.

Description of issue: As I usually do, open Sonarr and it launches localhost:8989 but this time it said I had a corrupt config.xml . I have tried deleting that and all. I can longer get to my list of shows or change anything because it is just stuck on the loading screen which is about 5 balls going back and forth.

Hope you guys can help

Thanks!

What do the ((debug logs)) show?

What is the exact version? Latest has many different meanings.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYd_7AM7joZdUlPcU1RUVdDUlU/view?usp=sharing

That is multiple log files that it logged today. I seen the debug.log was last updated in August? I noticed it is saying disk is malformed or something and I don’t have an M drive either? I am unsure of the version because it doesn’t say on site what version anything is. It looks like in the file [v2.0.0.4472] System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): database disk image is malformed
database disk image is malformed

I want to say that I cannot get the version because I can’t even get into the menu and I can’t get debug logs too for that very reason. Hope these logs can get me somewhere to use it again with all the shows still saved too

Your database is corrupt, you’ll need to ((restore)) from a backup.

That’s the path when the binaries were built, from our build server, nothing to be concerned about.

That’s probably when we stopped logging a couple lines during startup to the debug log file if debug logging was disabled, you can delete without issue though.

Thanks for the fast reply.

As far as that, how do I restore it if I don’t have any backups? I tried to replace quite a few when it first happened from the backup folder but to no avail? What files do I restore?

Please let me know and thanks so much

The earliest backup I have in the folder is 12/9/16 and I think that is when these issues started. Am I screwed?

Mkae sure you follow the ((restore)) instructions linked here and above as there are a few files you need to remove and then you’d want to restore nzbdrone.db If you on’t have a working backup to restore you can try to repair either the current DB or one of the backups, it’s a SQLite DB and repairing is pretty straight forward (lots of results in google for it, but the one below is probably the best one liner):

The issue seems to be with a table that Sonarr needs, but can rebuild (it doesn’t contain your series), so if that table failed to recover you’d be okay still.

I focued as you said on nzbdrone.db , after it created new.db with the dump method, I renamed the new.db to nzbdrone.db and reopened sonarr and its same balls going back and forth?

Unfortunately, was same story with the backups, no idea why no earlier backups. Is it simply the nzbdrone.db causing it? Cause that dump trick didn’t work

Are you following all the restore steps (including stopping then starting Sonarr)?
Unless your logs show something different now than they did before that’s the issue, what do the latest logs show? (deleting the existing logs and starting Sonarr again will give you the cleanest logs without a bunch of extra noise).

That didn’t work because out of desperation, I did a clean install and it functions fine. I have a backup of the file, but if I plop in that nzbdrone, it doesn’t work. So it has to be an issue in the nzbdrone.db?

Yes, sounds like it.

Is there no way to fix the nzbdrone.db? Or at least get the series out of it? I made some show changes since I last used Sickbeard (stopped using due to it skipping episodes), but it never had the menu not function anymore?

The only way would be to repair it. PM me a link to download the DB and I can take a look though.

Thanks, markus101 for your help so far and offer to help repair it. You said to PM you a link to it, but I looked on your profile and pretty much everywhere and see no way to PM? Could you PM me saying hello and I will reply with link from there?

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks, Markus101! You quickly identified the issue and I can use Sonarr again. Thanks so much for figuring it out for me!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.