Sonar on Synology- Files stay in downloads folder with *.ignore files

Sonarr version (exact version): 20200921-18
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34-16
Debug logs:
Description of issue: I added some anime series from sonar, then found a download link, and added the torrent in the download client. Files remain in the Downloads folder, and not processed. Also some *.IGNORE files are being created.

This also happens with series where I add from Sonarr and let Sonarr find the torrent

Any idea where I can start looking or what could be the issue? I’m quite new so if you could also point me from where to view the correct logs, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

That’s not a Sonarr version.

Not sure where those are coming from, but Sonarr does not create them.

Debug logs (same link that was in the template when you opened this issue) and Activity: Queue.

Apologies, got those from the package centre in Synology. Went into Sonarr app and got the version from there now:

Sonarr Version 2.0.0.5344
Mono Version 5.20.1.34

With regards to logs, I followed that wiki and set the logs to Debug. From UI I can see sonarr.debug.txt and sonarr.txt, which one should I look at for the post process logs? Or would it be easier if I just upload them here?

Thanks

Debug logs will be in the sonarr.debug.txt files. The template offers several suggestions on where you can upload them to (google drive, dropbox, pastebin, etc) and then link them here.

We also need to know which download client you’re using.

What does Activity: Queue show? (if nothing is there then Sonarr will not see anything to import).

Logs can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16PnLG90QJGOGQFoFvetfwYzSXraZ7mDp?usp=sharing

Download client is Synology Download Station

In Activity Queue these items do not show. How can I investigate why they are not showing there?

Thanks

Are the items still in download station?

The first thing would be to make sure the items in download station are in the same category that has been set in Sonarr’s download station settings.

Also enable trace logs and take a look at them, Sonarr should be logging the response from download station there, which will be helpful in seeing where the disconnect is.

Hi

Since I have more than 1 item, i removed 1 from the download station, and left others in there so it’s a mix)

I do not believe Download Station supports categories.

I’m attaching a fresh copy of logs. In the trace log I am seeing the series in the download folder. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16PnLG90QJGOGQFoFvetfwYzSXraZ7mDp?usp=sharing

This is currently working for some series, but not all :confused:

Thanks

Apparently not properly, but from Sonarr:

Adding a category specific to Sonarr avoids conflicts with unrelated downloads, but it’s optional. Creates a [category] subdirectory in the output directory.

So, like transmission it’s faked via folders.

Are some downloads being removed from DS when they finish downloading, but not for others? The trace logs show 12 items it looks like, but some of those are meaningless to Sonarr:

These are fine:

[AnimeRG] Berserk (2016) Season 01 (EP 01-12) [720p] [Dual-Audio] [Multi-Sub] [HEVC] [x265] [Batch] [pseudo]
[Cerberus] Steins;Gate + Steins;Gate 0 +  Special + Movie [BD 1080p HEVC 10-bit AAC]

But these are not:

Owari no Seraph
Owari no Seraph Nagoya Kessen-hen

Unless Sonarr can figure out the series and the episode(s) it’s not going to be able to handle them.

What’s the name shown in DS for an item that Sonarr won’t import?

Yes, some download (which are not in this screenshot/logs) are being moved as it should be.

There are 12 items in the download folder and 11 in the download station as per below screenshot, as I removed 1 from download station to see if it made any difference.

The ones you mentioned should be fine are not being imported either :confused:

I was wrong before, of those 12 items, two are useful to Sonarr, #2 and #8 (because they have series and episode info), everything else is noise to Sonarr. Looks like the second item was imported, but the 8th was not, which is due to:

21-3-4 08:51:16.7|Debug|Parser|Parsing string '[AnimeRG] Berserk (2016) Season 01 (EP 01-12) [720p] [Dual-Audio] [Multi-Sub] [HEVC] [x265] [Batch] [pseudo]'
21-3-4 08:51:16.7|Trace|Parser|^\[(?<subgroup>.+?)\][-_. ]?(?<title>.+?)[-_. ]+\(?(?:[-_. ]?#?(?<absoluteepisode>\d{2,3}(\.\d{1,2})?(?!\d+)))+\)?(?:[-_. ]+(?<special>special|ova|ovd))?.*?(?<hash>\[\w{8}\])?(?:$|\.mkv)
21-3-4 08:51:16.7|Debug|Parser|Episode Parsed. Berserk (2016) Season - 001 
21-3-4 08:51:16.7|Debug|Parser|Language parsed: English
21-3-4 08:51:16.7|Debug|QualityParser|Trying to parse quality for [AnimeRG] Berserk (2016) Season 01 (EP 01-12) [720p] [Dual-Audio] [Multi-Sub] [HEVC] [x265] [Batch] [pseudo]
21-3-4 08:51:16.8|Debug|Parser|Quality parsed: HDTV-720p v1
21-3-4 08:51:16.8|Debug|Parser|Release Group parsed: AnimeRG
21-3-4 08:51:16.8|Debug|ParsingService|No matching series Berserk (2016) Season

Something in the name isn’t quite right, which looks to be due to the season 01 in the anime batch naming.

Ok, so I’m assuming at this point I would need to move them and rename them manually, right?

#2 is one of those that gets moved automatically, that’s why I included it in screenshot.

Yeah, manual import from Wanted: Missing is your best bet.

Awesome (wasn’t aware of that feature, was going to rename them and move them manually one by one as I usually do, I’m dumb)

Thanks, that’s good enough of a solution. It works even for the “unrecognized” items, which makes me happy.

Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.