Sonaar is searching using "alternate title" not the primary name, causing searches in the wrong language (bug)

**Sonarr version: 3.0.3.728
**Mono version:5.20.1.34
Debug logs: https://ca.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6682f-60bce49-fc087d695b-2
Description of issue:

I keep getting search errors for most of my shows. I found the searches are going to my indexer (Jackett) in the wrong language (Spanish instead of English). No other language profile is in my Sonaar, shows are confirmed English and I even tried a fresh install of Sonaar v3.

<h3>Search results for "Anatomia de Grey S16E16"</h3>
<br><h4>Nothing Found!</h4>
  1. What do the debug logs show when they first fail?
  2. Are they the same quality? Same language? Preferred words won’t override that quality or language.
1 Like

Do note I was searching for the english name and my profile only includes english. I did a few of these and it looks like this is the problem.

As for the preferred setting, same quality and same language. I’ll definitely have to tinker more after I get issue1 resolved.

I asked the Jacket community just in case and after enabling the enhanced logging we discovered that it’s actually Sonaar that is searching for the wrong language:

This is the request sent to Jackett

Request starting HTTP/1.1 GET http://127.0.0.1:9117/api/v2.0/indexers/tvstore/results/torznab/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5000,5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=rjyt932397368ghzw99e7b3ev3r55wn5&offset=0&limit=100&q=Anatomia%20de%20Grey&season=16&ep=1  

I checked my shows, they are all set to English. Also the only language profile is English. I did find that the shows do list an “alternate name” in Sonaar, which coincidentally is Spanish. I think Sonaar is searching using the alternate name and not the primary name which is in english.

Untitled

This appears to be some bug.

Your sonarr log clearly shows exceptions coming from jackett.

Jackett.Common.IndexerException: Exception (gimmepeers): Sequence contains no elements
 ---> System.Exception: Parse error
 ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
   at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowNoElementsException()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Jackett.Common.Indexers.GimmePeers.ProcessPage(List`1 releases, String searchUrl) in /home/vsts/work/1/s/src/Jackett.Common/Indexers/GimmePeers.cs:line 147
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Jackett.Common.Indexers.BaseWebIndexer.OnParseError(String results, Exception ex) in /home/vsts/work/1/s/src/Jackett.Common/Indexers/BaseIndexer.cs:line 830
   at Jackett.Common.Indexers.GimmePeers.ProcessPage(List`1 releases, String searchUrl) in /home/vsts/work/1/s/src/Jackett.Common/Indexers/GimmePeers.cs:line 194
   at Jackett.Common.Indexers.GimmePeers.PerformQuery(TorznabQuery query) in /home/vsts/work/1/s/src/Jackett.Common/Indexers/GimmePeers.cs:line 130
   at Jackett.Common.Indexers.BaseIndexer.ResultsForQuery(TorznabQuery query) in /home/vsts/work/1/s/src/Jackett.Common/Indexers/BaseIndexer.cs:line 345
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Jackett.Common.Indexers.BaseIndexer.ResultsForQuery(TorznabQuery query) in /home/vsts/work/1/s/src/Jackett.Common/Indexers/BaseIndexer.cs:line 345
   at Jackett.Common.Indexers.BaseWebIndexer.ResultsForQuery(TorznabQuery query) in /home/vsts/work/1/s/src/Jackett.Common/Indexers/BaseIndexer.cs:line 807
   at Jackett.Server.Controllers.ResultsController.Torznab(TorznabRequest request) in /home/vsts/work/1/s/src/Jackett.Server/Controllers/ResultsController.cs:line 430

Show that to them.

1 Like

Wouldn’t the exception occur because the search was in the wrong language? The site only has English titles and the log shows the search being non-english. If I search for a missing episode that does not have a “alternate title” available then the search goes without a hitch.

I really appreciate the help guys. There is an issue posted already 5 days ago but the developer stated the same conclusion that the search was coming in for a different title name (in the different language). I replied to it hopefully they take another look just in case.

It searches both titles, it just never got around to the english title due to the exception.

that makes complete sense. I posted the details to the Jackett developer.

It would be nice in Sonaar if you had the capability to choose which title to search first. I would assume the primary language, in my case English, would be the first attempt before the alternate titles (other languages) would be attempted. Either way I understand the logic beside alternate title searches in general just not in this case when I only have one language selected in my profile.

Thanks again for the help. I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

The case can now close. Thanks for the great support, the Jackett developer has fixed the issue in the latest release: Jackett 0.14.79

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.