Sonaar is renaming and moving my other TV series!

Version
Mono Version
4.6.2 (Stable 4.6.2.7/08fd525 Wed Nov 23 12:56:10 EST 2016)
Running on QNAP NAS

Something weird is going on, how do i make it to stop!
Sonarr is finding older episodes of a TV series i dont even want and then renames a TV episode i already have and put it in the wrong folder

Here is what i see in my history:

Episode Imported:
Name:
The.Blacklist.S03E10.720p.HDTV.x264-FLEET
Source:
/share/Multimedia/TV/The Wire/the.wire.s01e13.ws.bdrip.x264-reward.mkv
Imported To:
/share/Multimedia/TV/The Blacklist/The.Blacklist.S01E13.The.Cyprus.Agency.DVDRip.x264-reward.mkv

How can sonarr think the wire is the same as the blacklist!? i dont even want the season one of blacklist

This is not the only TV show is renamed, theres is hundreds of tv show it renamed and it ruined my collection i already have!!

How do i stop this!? I regret moving from sickbeard now!
All i want is sonaar to look for future episodes, why is is it bothered about previous season and why is it renaming my other tv episodes?

I checked my Blacklist folder, it shows all the episodes from season 1 2 and 3, i never wanted this!

But these episode were not downloaded, these are other episodes sonaar renamed for some stupid reason is beyond me!
some are narcos episodes i had and other random tv shows it renames.

If Sonarr is told to import previous seasons (or pointed at files to import) then it’s going to import them, whether they are monitored or not.

It sounds like you pointed Drone Factory at your already sorted TV shows. If you need to use it at all (and you probably won’t) you’d point it at a folder of unsorted files only. Though based on the file names alone the imports shouldn’t have happened, but without ((debug logs)) it’s going to be difficult to understand exactly why that happened.

The first thing you should do is make sure the drone factory folder is not set, disable the interval and restart Sonarr.

After doing that, it’d be good to know the following:

Is Drone Factory set?
What folder is it set to?

If Sonarr is told to import previous seasons (or pointed at files to import) then it’s going to import them, whether they are monitored or not.

If i have, how to i go on each each series not to import previous episodes of previous seasons?

Is Drone Factory set?
What folder is it set to?

Theres nothing in Drone Factory, interval default was “1”, i changed it to “0”.
Doesnt seem to be Drone Factory that caused my collection to be a mess.

Multiple series linked to the same folder could cause such an issue (though Sonarr does it’s best to avoid multiple series pointing to the same folder).

You can check series editor to see all the paths for each series.

Each series has their own paths, ive checked, Celebrity Big Brother example:

/share/Multimedia/TV/Celebrity Big Brother

But im still getting
Name:
Celebrity.Big.Brother.S19E10.720p.HDTV.x264-PLUTONiUM
Source:
/share/Multimedia/TV/Criminal Minds/Criminal.Minds.S01E08.Natural.Born.Killer.HDTV.720p.x264-AVS.mkv
Imported To:
/share/Multimedia/TV/Celebrity Big Brother/Celebrity.Big.Brother.S01E08.Series.1.The.Live.Final.HDTV.720p.x264-AVS.mkv

Some tv shows dont even sound similar
Name:
Criminal.Minds.S12E10.HDTV.x264-FLEET
Source:
/share/Multimedia/TV/Marvels Luke Cage/Marvels.Luke.Cage.S01E09.DWYCK.WEBDL.720p.x264-Sonarr.mkv
Imported To:
/share/Multimedia/TV/Criminal Minds/Criminal.Minds.S01E09.Derailed.WEBDL.720p.x264-Sonarr.mkv

How is Marvels Luke Cage even remotely similar to Criminal minds!?
My whole library is messed up, its going randomly like a mind of its own to rename all my TV shows, its a complete mess!!

How i stop it happening otherwise i will have no choice to shut it down and go back to sickbeard.

Don’t panic, in all likeliness it’s an issue related to the download client api, possibly configuration. I’ve a couple of suspects, lets work through em.

First you might want to disable the auto-import logic.
Settings -> Download Client -> Completed Download Handling -> Enable = No. Then hit Save in the top right.
That should prevent any further imports, assuming there isn’t an external script calling the Sonarr api with import requests.

Since you mentioned sickbeard I’m going to assume you’re using sabnzbd or nzbget.

Next, let me explain how imports work:
Completed Download Handling periodically queries the download client api to get a list of completed downloads.
The download client api returns the names and directory where the download was stored.
The name is used to identify the series.
Then it searches the directory the download client specified, trying to find files to import. Scans the filename to find which episode number.
Subsequently it evaluates the files to see if they match the quality profile and other requirements.
Finally, it imports the file and logs the history event.

Now, if you look at your most recent post, the download client reported Criminal.Minds.S12E10.HDTV.x264-FLEET, but for some reason returned a directory that included the Marvels Luke Cage folder. Leading Sonarr to believe those files belonged to the Criminal Minds download and proceeded to import it.

So, that’s what happened. The “why” is another matter, for that we need more information.
QNAP is always a bit tricky, we had our fair share of fights coz it does the filesystem different than most other systems.

Some questions and theories:

• What are you using? Sabnzbd or Nzbget?
  • Are you using any post-processing scripts in sabnzbd/nzbget? nzbToMedia for example.
  • The /share makes me suspect you use remote storage (or it could be a folder pointing to the qnap own storage). Is Sab/Nzbget also remote or is it on the same QNAP? (Trying to exclude the possibility that a remote sab/nzb is reporting remote paths)
  • Did you add a new category to Sab/Nzbget specifically for Sonarr?
  • What is the configured ‘Folder/Path’ for that category? (http://*:8085/config/categories/)

Finally, in Settings->General you can set the log level to Trace. That way useful info gets logged to file. Afaik it includes a partial dump of the api call, so you might be able to see what directory gets reported to Sonarr.

Im using sabnzbd, i never had this problem before until i upgraded to latest version.

Ive gone tv series by tv series and unmonitored any old season of a tv series and yet i STILL get renamed imports of 1st season of shark tank, but its Sonaar with its weird mind renaming my collection of Narcos, Blacklist and few others!

Examples: Name:
Shark.Tank.S08E13.720p.HDTV.X264-UAV
Source:
/share/Multimedia/TV/Hells Kitchen US/Hells.Kitchen.US.S01E09.Day.9.DVDRip.x264-reward.mkv
Imported To:
/share/Multimedia/TV/Shark Tank/Shark.Tank.S01E09.Chill.Soda.DVDRip.x264-reward.mkv

Please tell me how can anything confused Hells Kitchen to Shark Tank?
This hells kicthen episode is not even hells kitchen file, the original file was another tv show that Sonaar renamed!
Its going passed and passed, renamed and ranamed to another tv show!

Im not using ANY post-processing scripts, its fresh build of sab. Theres nothing is sab logs about the rename of files, only Sonaar has caused a mess of my tv collection.
the /share is the way QNAP file heirachy works
/config/categories/ doesnt load

Ive set Sonaar to trace, i wont set “Completed Download Handling” to no yet, i want to see whats causing it, my collection is in ruins anyway, whats another season renamed to something else that doesnt even sound the same!

I explained that sonarr uses the title reported by the download client to identify the series.

Not necessarily, the History in Sonarr’s database should list all renames, which should be replayable in reverse with some scripting. Except for deletes, of course.

That said, I eagerly await what the log files say about the sabnzbd api, and the steps sonarr took subsequently.

I explained that sonarr uses the title reported by the download client to identify the series.

There is some series in my tv collection not been downloaded by sabnzbd, i used a complete different client on a PC and moved the files over to this tv collection folder, yet sonaar decided to rename the files of this folder

Are you (i.e. you, personally, or your client) downloading/unpacking/moving shows to your final sorted media folder (where you want your shows to end up after Sonarr imports them)?

They appear to both be /share/Multimedia/TV/…

Ok, got the trace on and Sonaar is just messing up and renaming random series episodes.

This time is rename episodes to Celebrity Big Brother season 1 and 2, which is unmonitored, the proof is in the logs that Sonarr is doing all this!

heres pastbin link - http://pastebin.com/YzQJYXa3

I need more log files, coz this only contains some import activity, I need to see the api call to sab.

In the Tracelog search for “Debug|SabnzbdProxy|Url”, there will be several api calls.
On subsequent lines you’ll see Trace|HttpClient|Response content. That’s the content of the of the actual api call, and that’s what we need to see.

Also, when posting on pastebin it’s recommended to keep it a private paste, so not everybody on pastebin can read it.

I will look tonight, I’ve set pastebin to delete in 24 hours

couldnt find the logs again, i give up!

Could you answer this question please: Sonaar is renaming and moving my other TV series!

I’m not the expert here, but everything looks like you’re trying to import from within your final media folder, and that simply isn’t going to work. @Markus101 mentioned this in his original reply, but I believe the mention of the Drone Factory got things off track.

If your client is set to download/unpack/(sort?) to /share/Multimedia/TV/<show?> (or you’re moving manually there and then importing)… Well, don’t.

From the wiki:

3, When the download is completed, Sonarr will know the final file location as reported by your download client. This file location can be almost anywhere, as long as it is somewhere separate from your media folder.

(Emphasis mine)

I’m not moving files at all.

Each series is in own folder (share/multimedia/tv/showname)

Sonarr goes nuts and moves and renames my tv shows

That would be moving files, but I believe shouldn’t be an issue unless you also tried to import them after that move.

But where is sab downloading to? Where is it unpacking to? Why are the files you’re trying to import already in a /share/Multimedia/TV/<show> folder?

I give up, I don’t why sonarr is doing it. It’s gone bonkers after the update

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.