Some downloads have a ".ink" file - videos won't play

Some torrent downloads, when complete, have a ‘.ink’ file in the root folder. Usually there would be an nfo file and maybe a text or jpeg to accompany the video file.

In any case, when a download has a .ink file in the, the video file won’t play. I am usure if it has anything to do with the .ink file itself, but it’s alway a red-flag that the video file is corrupt/unplayable.

There’s no post-processing involved i.e. I just have it download to one place, then I manually move the download, so that shouldn’t be the issue.

I am using Transmission as the torrent client.

It seems to be a random occurance - not related to any specific file type or torrent site.

Did you try to force re check the file to actually verify that it has been completely downloaded. Because sometimes even though the torrent client shows 100% when you re check some bad parts are found (error causing the video to not play usually). After that the corrupt parts are re downloaded. I’m unsure how the .ink files are being generated though. What is the .ink file open or relate to? (does it have the video files name or something?)

.ink or .lnk? The latter is the extension for a shortcut in Windows, but neither would be created by Sonarr.

I’m still waiting for it to happen again, each day - as soon as it does, I’ll try the forrce-recheck and report back.

I’m pretty sure it’s .ink - but when it happens next, I’ll post image.

It may even end up being Transmission… but I can’t really see how given 90% of the time it works fine.