[SOLVED] Unique folder names

**Sonarr version : 2.0.0.5163
**Mono version : 5.8.0.108

Dear team,
First of all thanks for let me use this great program. I installed it some days ago and it works fine.
There is only one thing I dont’ t understand.
I have organized my series to be put in my /downloads folder
So there should be a /downloads/serie1, /downloads/serie2 etc structure.
If I now add a new serie, I create manually a /download/serie3 and add that path to the path to of that serie (should be a unique folder name). What now happens is that Sonarr is creating a new folder called /download/serie3/serie3 with in it the seasons.
To prevent such I tried to use putting the path /download/ to the series path but then I get the message that the root folder already exists. How can I prevent that Sonarr creates a /serie3/serie3 folder?

What might solve this issue is that we might be able to define a ‘Sonarr root folder’ in the program’s setup so that for every added serie we only have to add the subfolder name in which the seasons are put directly instead of /seasonx/seasonx as happens now.

Pls advice
Best regards DD

That’s exactly what you’re supposed to add. You don’t add a folder for each series, just the root folder and Sonarr will create the series folder as required.

I made the mistake to first make the folders on my Synology NAS and then add the series and refer to their respective folders. What I did to solve is remove all series, create a new folder on my nas and then refer all series to that (root) folder. Works like a charm now. Thanks for your support on this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.