** SOLVED ** Sonarr Web - Failed to load series from API

**Sonarr version 3.0.6.1196:
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
OS Open Media Vault V5
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/zSpLFeia
Description of issue:

Hi, I run Sonarr V3 in a Docker Image on an Odroid XU4. I have Open Media Vault 5 installed on the Odroid, and I use Portainer on that to run Docker images. I use the the following Docker image for Sonarr: ghcr.io/linuxserver/sonarr:latest

Many times when I try to access Sonarr (http://192.168.1.10:8989/) I get a cool quote whilst it’s loading and then the page displays… It doesn’t always fail - sometimes it loads OK - but it seems to fail more than it succeeds.

“Failed to load series from API
Version 3.0.6.1196”

Please see attached for the Docker Log

Any assist you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

impeccable post timing

Someone posted this today :slight_smile:

Yeah, I did see that - I’ve posted on that topic as well - because I’m not sure how to implement the proposed workaround…

Workaround; Force the mono process on one set of cores (big cores are 4,5,6,7 and small cores are 0,1,2,3) or just disable a full set of cores and the problem will go away.

Resolved my issue with assistance from the Reddit blog… here’s how I solved it…
From the CLI - typed the following…

echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/online
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/online
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/online

Then… Boom! It worked instantly.

For transparency - here’s a link to the system output when I did the above…

Posting some relevant terms here to help others find them:

mono_gdb_render_native_backtraces not supported on this platform, unable to find gdb or lldb

Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
* a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
* used by your application.

For others finding this not using Docker - I didn’t want to limit all my CPUs on my odroid, so instead changed my sonarr.service flie to use taskset to limit the mono service specifically. Recommendation found in a link to an older reddit thread, something like this worked for me:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/taskset -c 4-7 /usr/bin/mono --debug /usr/lib/sonarr/bin/Sonarr.exe -nobrowser -data=/var/lib/sonarr

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.